Why doesn't anyone want to transfer to the Hawks?

UCLA announced that soph. forwards David and Travis Wear have transferred to the school. I don't know how good these guys are or where they played last year but UCLA seems willing to give them a shot.

UCLA announced that soph. forwards David and Travis Wear have transferred to the school. I don't know how good these guys are or where they played last year but UCLA seems willing to give them a shot.

I am guessing UCLA has the depth to have two kids come in and sit out a full year. Also, these two played at UNC so not a huge leap to "give them a shot"

They were McDonald's All-Americans. I would hope Fran would gamble on players like that. I am sure to an extent coaches like having the transfers because they are one less disgruntled player who isn't seeing the floor and they can practice.

Fran has said he is not going to give a scholarship to a JUCO if he thinks he can get a better player out of high school next year.

I haven't seen Iowa really make a lot of offers. Maybe we have made some that aren't public and perhaps some are still on the table, but from where I sit it doesn't seem that Iowa has really been turned down as much as selective shopping. I'm sure Iowa has flirted with some JUCO's / Transfers and either decided not to offer or there wasn't enough mutual interest to continue to pursue but i haven't really seen Iowa getting turned down.

It looks and sounds like Fran and staff would rather take their lumps this year and inject as much talent as possible in the 11 class than simply filling out a roster with players that aren't going to give us that upgrade. I fully support that and hope that in the coming months we start seeing some nice visits and verbals for that next class.

As for Hoiberg, he is doing a nice job filling out his roster and doing it his own way. It will be interesting to see what caliber of team they turn out to be.

Fran was smart to put down the cone of silence after the first few instances where he was turned down, Brust, Larson, Salter and the kid from California that ended up going to Nevada. After that Van said that Fran asked him to keep all the recruiting on the down low. So, while we haven't heard about many, the couple of offers we did hear about didn't work out.

He's right...one area where ISU has a huge advantage over Iowa is fan support. Both teams have been equally awful the last 3 years and the Clones still draw far more fans.

What the heck else do the Clones have to cheer about? Their wrestling team, football team, and basketball team are ALWAYS, repeat ALWAYS, going to play 2nd fiddle in this state when the end of season dust settles.

Go back in history. That is almost as proven as death and taxes.

They will NEVER EVER EVER play in a BCS game. EVER.
They will NEVER EVER EVER play in a final 4 (then again, Iowa probably won't either)
They will (more than likely) NEVER EVER EVER be a wrestling national champ.

I just feel bad for Cole...his Sr season is pretty much going to be a waist for him....he has been such a solid player for Iowa and never been on a good team and it looks like Fran will be using his Sr. season as nothing more than a rebuilding year where they will be lucky to win 10 games...

Fran was smart to put down the cone of silence after the first few instances where he was turned down, Brust, Larson, Salter and the kid from California that ended up going to Nevada. After that Van said that Fran asked him to keep all the recruiting on the down low. So, while we haven't heard about many, the couple of offers we did hear about didn't work out.

Even the 4 you mentioned here, I'm not really sure how much we got turned down and how much we poked around and went other directions. I'm not saying we didn't go hard after these recruits but I'm not convinced we really did either. I get the feeling we backed off of Brust and Salter for one reason or another.

What the heck else do the Clones have to cheer about? Their wrestling team, football team, and basketball team are ALWAYS, repeat ALWAYS, going to play 2nd fiddle in this state when the end of season dust settles.

Go back in history. That is almost as proven as death and taxes.

They will NEVER EVER EVER play in a BCS game. EVER.
They will NEVER EVER EVER play in a final 4 (then again, Iowa probably won't either)
They will (more than likely) NEVER EVER EVER be a wrestling national champ.

While I agree that they will never play in the BCS. You may want to include the word again in the other statements. They have played in a final four and have 8 titles in wrestling.

While I agree that they will never play in the BCS. You may want to include the word again in the other statements. They have played in a final four and have 8 titles in wrestling.

touche.

I assumed it would be implied. Evidently not. :)

Latest posts