Why do we have our own network and they don't even show our games

WhitUp

If you can buy the game on bigtennetwork.com, then why can't they broadcast that on the actual network in Iowa??? I heard the game was originally suppose to be on mediacom, and that's another thing I don't understand. There has been multiple Iowa games allready this year on mediacom, and if you have mediacom, then you have the bigtennetwork so why not just let it be on the network???? Alot of things that go on with the bigten network makes no sense to me, like most of the time we don't have a football game on at 2:30. There's just a 11 o'clock game and that's it. To me why wouldn't we spread the games out so we have 3 games on every saturday???? I really don't understand how this channel can make so much money I probably watch 5 to 6 football games a year on itand iowa bball games and the rest of the year I don't even think about watching it.

I agree. Also don't understand why all the wrestling meets aren't on there either.

Becasue the Ohio State Campus Prgraming is soooo much more entertaining.

I've been asking myself the same thing about tonight's game. If BTN is there and doing a webcast, then it should be showing the Iowa game in the state of Iowa.

Becasue the Ohio State Campus Prgraming is soooo much more entertaining.

I've been asking myself the same thing about tonight's game. If BTN is there and doing a webcast, then it should be showing the Iowa game in the state of Iowa.

Probably more logistics involved for a TV broadcast? I'm just guessing, but I agree with the previous posts. ALso, a triple-header for bigten football every Saturday would be wicked hardcore!

If I recall, the excuse last season was because the BTN did not have access to as many channels as they do for football.

In any case...there really is NO excuse for not showing all the games.

If I recall, the excuse last season was because the BTN did not have access to as many channels as they do for football.

In any case...there really is NO excuse for not showing all the games.

Yeah, it's a horsecrap excuse.

You have the BTN. Go broadcast Big Ten sports live on the TV.
Why else is DirecTV, Dish, cables, etc... paying you for?

I met with Tommy Thompson today...the architect of getting Iowa basketball games on TV back in the 1970's as widely as they were...in a way I probably owe the man a bit of gratitude for getting those games on and lighting the Hawkeye passion in me for it...that's one of the things we have seen get worse over time...I love the BTN for football...as an Iowa basketball fan, not so much.

I met with Tommy Thompson today...the architect of getting Iowa basketball games on TV back in the 1970's as widely as they were...in a way I probably owe the man a bit of gratitude for getting those games on and lighting the Hawkeye passion in me for it...that's one of the things we have seen get worse over time...I love the BTN for football...as an Iowa basketball fan, not so much.

Sure but now he owes you for making you root for the basketball team in its current state.

I paid for BTN.com webcasts early in the season, and decided that Dolph and Bobby were WAY better. WOC has a great live feed, and once you adjust to hearing and not watching, its great. For me, I'd rather pay for Internet radio than crappy video. Nice to see AF have a good game, even non-conf. I think we'll see more of this from him and Brommer too, albeit harder earned in the BT games. Congrats to AF for a double double and hopefully the beginning of something new and exciting.

And don't even get women's basketball fans started on the Big Ten Network. With all the time it has on air, it can't even show replays of games that it wouldn't show live. Absurd.

Will the cable and satellite companies keep paying the buck a month per subscriber for this channel?

The BTN has some drawbacks when it comes to televising men's hoops...

And don't even get women's basketball fans started on the Big Ten Network. With all the time it has on air, it can't even show replays of games that it wouldn't show live. Absurd.

but what is the complaint with women's basketball? There have been several Iowa women's games this year already on the network, and 6 more will either be on the BTN, ESPN2 or Mediacom/KCRG in the state of Iowa.

That's more coverage than women's basketball was getting prior to the creation of the network, and that doesn't include the other games being available online.

I would imagine that that as the network continues to grow, you'll see coverage of women's hoops increase even more.

Seriously, did you really want to watch that game vs. Tenn State? I mean REALLY WANT to watch that game? If so, you are either masochistic or a real fan.

Latest posts