Why do radio guys defend

Ozhawk

Mediocrity

Jon you seem to be complacent.

I pick you last to be on my team.

Zabel. Minny isnt any good. Period

This is response to sound off.

Ps quit defending our program miller b

JM is in a business...he has to keep his site running. He doesn't want to say anything bad about THE MAN. He will never call it like it is.

Because Zabel has been around long enough to know there isn't any team in college football that is ENTITLED to win any game. Because they know Iowa is going to have a down year now and then. It's a FACT. Deal with it.

Mediocrity

Jon you seem to be complacent.

I pick you last to be on my team.

Zabel. Minny isnt any good. Period

This is response to sound off.

Ps quit defending our program miller b

The only times I am going to defend, is when people call in and say Iowa has sucked the last three or four years

That's just untrue.

And the last few callers have been saying that. Yeah, this year has been tough...last four games of last reg season has been tough...agree on all fronts.

But let's not get carried away with extending it back beyond that and distort what took place

It started the last five games of last season and just carried over to this year. KF and staff lost the team last year and I believe he has lost the team again.

The least this staff could have done is taken their playbook with them to the game and it might be nice if Norm payed some attention to what is happening to this defense. The defense, or lack thereof, is placed firmly on his shoulders and he is failing at his job miserably.

the problem is when kf first came to Iowa we as Iowa fans noticed the intensity and fire and the willingness to buy into the kf program. the last 2 yrs it seems as though that's disappearing. and as an Iowa fan that scares me as to what is to follow. if they can get it turned around great. I hope it happens.

The only times I am going to defend, is when people call in and say Iowa has sucked the last three or four years

That's just untrue.

And the last few callers have been saying that. Yeah, this year has been tough...last four games of last reg season has been tough...agree on all fronts.

But let's not get carried away with extending it back beyond that and distort what took place

I don't mind any of our coaches. Yes, I think the criticism of them is fine and do it too but I also thing they do a good job.

But, Jon, don't you think that at least 3 of the losses in the past year are directly contributed to being "outcoached". NU game last year, our unwillingness to game plan for each opponent, the Wisky game last year, not having a team ready for a fake punt, today with 8 min left in game no being ready for the possibility of a onside kick.

With our systems in place most games are going to be close which will make all of the coachs' decisions, or lack their of, a major factor in the win or loss.

Re: Why do radio guys defendjo

Jon I realize I was up against a clock but could you answer my question here? Are the coaches using the talent to the best of the players ability?

Jon I realize I was up against a clock but could you answer my question here? Are the coaches using the talent to the best of the players ability?

It doesn't feel that way, or at least, not consistently. This offense just isn't consistent.

They had 260 yards in the first half today...22 plays in Minnesota's side of the 50 and 7 points...I can't get a handle on the problem...is it execution, or the positions they play calling puts them in? I just dont know..and I dont like not feeling like I have an answer

Anybody remember the days when Iowa teams used to get better as the year went on?

Yeah, I miss them too.

This is probably the most disappointing truth. We certainly aren't getting better this year - same as last year... going in the wrong direction again.

It doesn't feel that way, or at least, not consistently. This offense just isn't consistent.

They had 260 yards in the first half today...22 plays in Minnesota's side of the 50 and 7 points...I can't get a handle on the problem...is it execution, or the positions they play calling puts them in? I just dont know..and I dont like not feeling like I have an answer

Here's an answer - KOK...... we haven't had a good Offensive football team in forever. Putting up 40 on Indiana an NU are nothing to be proud of.

Coaches get players (teams) ready to play. Coaches drive 'execution'. Its getting old that 'they just didn't execute' excuse

It started the last five games of last season and just carried over to this year. KF and staff lost the team last year and I believe he has lost the team again.

The least this staff could have done is taken their playbook with them to the game and it might be nice if Norm payed some attention to what is happening to this defense. The defense, or lack thereof, is placed firmly on his shoulders and he is failing at his job miserably.

What the hell is Norm supposed to do? We've done more blitzing this year than we've done in some time, and it doesn't work very often. And we get burnt when it doesn't. The d-line simply does not generate pressure, and the blitzes don't help much, if at all. What's he going to do, switch to a 3-4 or 3-3-5 midseason? Yeah, THAT's a recipe for success.

The talent simply isn't there. There's not much that Norm can do about that.

What the hell is Norm supposed to do? We've done more blitzing this year than we've done in some time, and it doesn't work very often. And we get burnt when it doesn't. The d-line simply does not generate pressure, and the blitzes don't help much, if at all. What's he going to do, switch to a 3-4 or 3-3-5 midseason? Yeah, THAT's a recipe for success.

Correct. That's on Kirk. I understand we lost a lot to graduation and the draft last year, but damn, you need to be looking at that **** when recruiting. And if we are having a bunch of attrition in our recruits, maybe somebody should figure out why.

But we have more talent the North Dakota State.....and if we don't, shame on this staff.

Correct. That's on Kirk. I understand we lost a lot to graduation and the draft last year, but damn, you need to be looking at that **** when recruiting. And if we are having a bunch of attrition in our recruits, maybe somebody should figure out why.

Exactly! There is no acceptable excuse as to why you're two years removed from a BCS bowl win and you have 10 walk-ons on the two deeps. Absolutely inexcusable.

Latest posts