Why Am I Suddenly Starting to Get Hit With Pop-Up Adds?

HawkeyeShane

Why Am I Suddenly Starting to Get Hit With Pop-Up Ads?

I haven't done a thing to my filter and yet I've been getting them the past couple of days.

Last edited:
I got a few on my home computer this morning immediately after I logged on. Then they went away. I have not seen any since about 8 am today.

I got a few on my home computer this morning immediately after I logged on. Then they went away. I have not seen any since about 8 am today.
Yeah, I got it just after I left the home page and haven't had one since...and I just noticed that I said "adds" in stead of "ads"...and it wasn't on purpose this time...:(

I had one pop up on my phone this moring and I couldnt dismiss it. My only option was to click "OK". I had to go into settings and delete cookies and browsing history and it went away.

If you use the right browser with the right extensions, no pop-ups and no screaming ads
Look here you darkside livin' sumbitch...OUT WITH IT! What browser with the right extensions???

I think Chrome may have caught up to it since I've had none since logging in.

Look here you darkside livin' sumbitch...OUT WITH IT! What browser with the right extensions???

I think Chrome may have caught up to it since I've had none since logging in.

Your anger makes you strong! You must learn the ways of the dark side by fueling your hatred with pop-ups. CONGRATULATIONS!

(Chrome with AdBlock)

Jon,

Until you get rid of the pop ups, I am not going to be visiting nearly as much. This sucks...I know you have to make money, but really?????

I disabled my adblocker for this site a long time ago, but am going to re-enable it if we can't get rid of the popups and stupid "Congratulations, you've won." ads. I don't mind ads as long as they're unobtrusive, and I don't want to take money out of Jon's pockets, but it's pretty obnoxious.

Don't get any at home using Chrome ad-block. Can't check this site at work anymore because I'm forced to use IE (ugh, i know...) and the pop ups are way intense. Also can't check on my Kindle for the same reason, even though I have pop-ups disabled...

I never get them using chrome but sometimes do on my phone, then I just have to go back a page and try again and it's worked.

I use Opera and they pop up in spurts. I will get no pop ups for awhile and then get 2 or 3 in a row every time I click on a link.

Latest posts