Who's your NFL team and are you happy with their picks...so far

Hawkchop

Just wondered who you all liked in the NFL and if your happy or not about the picks so far?

I'm a Dallas fan....and yes.

green bay... loved the Bulaga pick...

still scratching my head on Mike Niel.. so NO

and the safety from G. Tech... yikes...

overall id say because of Bulaga.. im happy

Niners...Whats not to love. My fav O-linemen in the draft in Davis. If you draft a guard at 17 he has to be a stud. Taylor Mays would have been a 1st rounder last season and Navarro Bowman...we've all seen a ton of him making plays.

Bears... I like the Major Wright pick but that's our only pick so far. I'm a little sad that I'm going to have to watch Bulaga in a Packers jersey and Spievey in a Lions jersey. That's a little bittersweet for me.
Hopefully the Bears will finally draft a Hawk like Calloway or Edds. We could definitely use Calloway.

Bears... I like the Major Wright pick but that's our only pick so far. I'm a little sad that I'm going to have to watch Bulaga in a Packers jersey and Spievey in a Lions jersey. That's a little bittersweet for me.
Hopefully the Bears will finally draft a Hawk like Calloway or Edds. We could definitely use Calloway.

Hawks surround us on all sides KC, Minn, GB, Stl, except Chicago. Until that happens, I hope they don't sniff the playoffs.

Being a long time Raiders fans (since 1970) I would have to say "WTF" I haven't been happy with their first round picks in the last 10 yrs.
It's like they blindly throw a dart at a board full of names.
Al Davis needs to go!

Being a long time Raiders fans (since 1970) I would have to say "WTF" I haven't been happy with their first round picks in the last 10 yrs.
It's like they blindly throw a dart at a board full of names.
Al Davis needs to go!

Doesn't it look like they are switching to a 3-4? who is their defensive coordinator?

I am a dolphin fan and i am a little disappointed. I felt like they have missed on there biggest need which is Nose and reached for the OLB from Utah. John Jerry seems like pretty good value though.

I feel the same way. I was hoping Amari would fall to us but I was wrong. I told a guy at work on Wed. bulaga can go anywhere but GB. So I wish them the best I have to stay with Da Bears!

Major Wright was on a good team in a good conference. I like this pick because he can play right away. I also like that they picked somebody from a school other than Abilene Christian or Vandy.

I am a HUGE Lions fan, one of the few out there. I can honestly say I am ecstatic about the Lions draft so far. I think their biggest needs were obviously on defense followed by the O line. Getting Ndamukong Suh to anchor the line for 10 years is a huge get. I do like the Jahvid Best pick a lot, assuming he stays healthy. That guy is explosive. Then to see Amari Spievey picked, I thought it was a perfect fit. About 15 minutes before he was picked, I thought to myself that Amari would be a good CB for the Lions. Surely enough, they picked him up. I know from reading some posts that some Lions fans arent sold on Amari because they think he isnt big enough and not fast enough. They obviously havent seen him play. Go Hawks and Go Lions!

I'm a Bucs fan. Absolutely hate the Benn pick. Will never root for him.

But the rest of the draft has been pretty decent. Got some quality defensive tackles, which was a huge need.

Rams fan and I quit paying attention to their picks after the first one wasn't happy with Bradford wanted DT from Nebraska

Carolina Panthers -

Clausen was a huge pick up for us, fills a hole at the Quarterback position that was anemic at best when Jake DelHomo was our QB.

Watch out for the Appalachian State WR, he's pretty dang explosive.

Packers-

I'm really happy with the Bulaga and Burnett picks.

Not at all happy with waisting a second round pick on Mike Neal. A guy who was projected to go in the 4th and 5th rounds. For all you non Packer fans you are very lucky to not have Ted Thompson as your GM.

Griefs fan here. So far, I have good feelings about the draft. I thought the number one thing they needed was help on the o-line, and that hasn't really been addressed in the first four picks. However, they did grab Tony M - and that makes me really happy. I hope he becomes the next Tony G. Makes my next KC jersey purchase a very easy selection. :)
I really like what they have done in the defensive backfield - which was a big need. (But when you cheer for the Griefs, you know they need everything.)

FYI:Q&A with TE Tony Moeaki - 4/23

Posting around 12:30pm on Saturday afternoon so I don't know who the Steelers picked up since Gibson in the 4th round.

1) Maurkice Pouncey- Happy with the pick, preferred Iupati, but I can definitely live with this guy. Versatile guy who can play guard or center....Number one priority was the interior o-line and they address that with this pick.

2) Jason Worilds- Not really sure about this pick, they seem to have a ton of linebackers on this roster right now.

3) Emmanual Sanders- Don't know anything about this dude other than he played in June Jones pass happy offense. Preferred Gilyard. Mike Wallace worked out well last year maybe this kid will too. Limas Sweed days are numbered.

4) Thaddeus Gibson- Another OLB, don't get it. Lamarr Woodley is 25 and a stud and you can get another 2 or 3 years out of Harrison. Maybe they plan on dealing Harrison?

Most draft experts will probably give the Steelers a draft grade of a C. The Steelers are one of 6 or 7 teams that seem to get it right year after year, so who am I to question what they are doing.

-Colts fan since the early 90's

I'm pretty happy with it Hughes will be a good insurance policy against injury(everyone saw what happened when Freeney isn't 100%).

The Angerer pick is great although he might not make the field for a couple of years he should make an impact on sp teams and certain packages.

Thomas looks to be a pretty good corner to add some depth.

Still have some needs at OL but I think they'll take care of that in the later rounds.

-Colts fan since the early 90's

I'm pretty happy with it Hughes will be a good insurance policy against injury(everyone saw what happened when Freeney isn't 100%).

The Angerer pick is great although he might not make the field for a couple of years he should make an impact on sp teams and certain packages.

Thomas looks to be a pretty good corner to add some depth.

Still have some needs at OL but I think they'll take care of that in the later rounds.

Kyle Calloway, perhaps?

Latest posts