Who's starting the game thread today?

Wadley nice to have seen you, but son you not going to see that field much if at all if you can't hold onto the rock!!!

Man I feel sorry for Wadley. He's got a ton of talent but can't hang onto the ball. He is done at Iowa. KF will play him no more forever.:(

DB's are failed receivers, linebackers are failed running backs. Matt Millen is a d-bag and nobody has failed as badly as Millen did as gm of the Lions.

Wadley knew what that fumble meant too. The game completely in hand and his reaction looked like he just lost us the game.

Funny how Matt Millen knocks the Hawks for winning against an FCS opponent yet heaps praises on the Illinois State qb when he's playing against backups. Must be a Penn State butt hurt type of thing.

Wadley knew what that fumble meant too. The game completely in hand and his reaction looked like he just lost us the game.

Yeah its tough to watch him struggle like this. Especially when its been said that he has had trouble putting on weight and keeping it. Now I don't know if that's a genetic thing or a work ethic thing, but if it's genetic I feel bad for the kid. He has a lot of talent and if he could gain some weight and increase his strength it would probably help his ability to hold onto the damn football. Luckily for the Hawks they have some guys in front of him.

I know I'm not the only one, but I gotta give the shout out to Kirk Ferentz. It's like he knew he had to do some soul searching this year or his soul might be watching from the tv set. Everything about this game was totally opposite of what we've seen from him at Iowa. I really really hope this continues. Please!

Why hasn't the running back coach shown him how to carry a football?

I guarantee he's been show and drilled...a ton. Sometimes it's just an issue. I feel for the kid, but it's a no no at every level and school. He will only get carries in garbage time until he proves he can hold on.

Yeah its tough to watch him struggle like this. Especially when its been said that he has had trouble putting on weight and keeping it. Now I don't know if that's a genetic thing or a work ethic thing, but if it's genetic I feel bad for the kid. He has a lot of talent and if he could gain some weight and increase his strength it would probably help his ability to hold onto the damn football. Luckily for the Hawks they have some guys in front of him.

It's too bad because he seriously might be the most talented back we have. No way you can play him over LD or JC though. I would have still played him over Weisman though.

How About Those Hawkeyes!!!!!! Feels Like Old Times. Look out Pitt Panthers, time to start prepping for the Pitt game, next opponent we can afford to look past.

coming into this game I don't think a lot of people knew what to expect with this team. The most concerning issue in the off-season was the OL, based on what people had seen in the two open practices and the news out of camp. Honestly it wouldn't have surprised me to see them give up 4+ sacks and struggle to get 130 yards rushing. I also expected the defense to have trouble with contain like last year when they gave up 200+ yards rushing every other week, again, not the case so my two biggest concerns (and probably everybody elses) were actually addressed. Granted it was a 1aa team but how many times have we seen Iowa really struggle against inferior teams............way too many. Only a couple of issues, not converting on a short field and whoever is in charge of teaching the WRs to get open, do the exact opposite of what your gut tells you. Not sure of Drew Ott is going to get his 15 sack goal but 10+ is doable. I think you might have to go back to Clayborn to find the last player to get double digit sacks in a season.

Of course, none of this means shiznit because Iowa has to go into that ****box by the name of LAmes next week and play the clowns who Ferentz, somehow, has a losing record against.

Latest posts