Who's starting the game thread today?

I agree with what everyone is saying about going deep and using the TE's. I don't know if this is because, well, Iowa really doesn't need to do either of those. I think the TE's is more of a decision and I can't tell if the receivers are getting separation or not.

It's fine today and in these conditions but these patterns will not get it done as the competition improves and you can take that to the bank.. That's a fact~~ Jack~~

Agree. Millen has even pointed this out on the last drive. Iowa still has the same issues as last year, though appears we have a better QB....which should count towards a positive.

but our WR aren't beating FCS corners. Our TE's don't exist....and we haven't thrown a pass over 10 yards today

I do like the way the defense is playing. Again, we'll see what happens when we play better competition

Not getting much separation, which will be an issue all year. Need to get the TEs involved more. Can't remember seeing them at all today.

That's the one thing about GD, he doesn't incorporate TEs. That really peeves me off since that has been a hallmark of Iowa football forever.

Really impressed with the D today.

The offense has be a bit nervous...

Daniels is solid but just doesn't look like the guy to me.

Turning out Iowa looks like they are over-powering an undermaned opponent. But not really speeding past them. Looking more like a pro-typical Kirk win....get up a bit and grind it out.

Certainly better than being in a nail bitter which I thought they would be in today. Unless the 4th quarter gets interesting, but ISU is reay going to need to open it up for that to happen.

People have to remember that we had such low expectations that everyone thought this was going to be a dog fight. It's not like we didn't know the quality of opponent either. CJ doesn't just magically make us an awesome offense. But he has made a few plays that Jake can't and a few plays is the difference in most games we play.

Using tight ends in the passing game has been a staple of the Iowa offense going back to the early Hayden Fry days. Greg Davis seems to think tight ends are only for blocking and decoys.

Curious why so many fans are underwhelmed by LeShun? He's shown patience, vision, and a bit of that bruising killer instinct. He's not a burner, but he looks like a poor man's Shonn Greene, and he's only going to get better.

(He just had a great run that exemplified all of that while I typed this)

Offense struggling again and while we had a 56 yard punt our net is only 36 yards. Dylan Kidd, 2 punts both into the end zone, disappointing.

No excuses, but I think this is us playing down again. With this heat, I'm all for saving some for next week.

Curious why so many fans are underwhelmed by LeShun? He's shown patience, vision, and a bit of that bruising killer instinct. He's not a burner, but he looks like a poor man's Shonn Greene, and he's only going to get better.

(He just had a great run that exemplified all of that while I typed this)
I agree. Over 100 yards and averaging almost five yards a carry.