Who's starting the game thread today?

docholihawk

I'm wondering who the good luck charm is to starts game day threads this year? I started a couple last year and our performance was underwhelming. I'm hoping the threads start before the game starts and we can help each other try to build a little excitement for the Hawks. I know it's going to take a herculean effort to get a lot of positives going but once a Hawk fan always a Hawk fan.

I was just thinking about doing it, but I think this should now be the official thread.

BTN2GO is really working well, pregame. I'm sure once the game starts, it will revert to its normal chitty self.

Alright then, here we go. What's everybody's expectations for the first couple of series on offense for Iowa. I expect Kirk is going to let C.J. air one out in the first two or three plays. Depending on the success of that we might see more of it. I don't think Kirk is going to turn into long ball Kirk but I think we'll see more 15-20 yard passes than what we've had the last few years. I'd like to see a solid game from our tackles both on offense and defense. I'm not to worried about our defensive tackles but I'm real worried about the offensive side. I didn't hear a lot about improvement from our linebackers but I'm hoping they've grown up and are at least solid. I have the Hawks in a close one 27-24.

I'm scared. Very scared
There's a lot of good reasons to be scared but I'm going to try to stay positive. Maybe not as positive as Hawknick but I'm hoping all the talk coming out of camp is about real changes and not just coach speak.

I predict that after an entire off season of not looking forward to football at all, I'll be extremely jacked 10 minutes before kickoff.

Alright then, here we go. What's everybody's expectations for the first couple of series on offense for Iowa. I expect Kirk is going to let C.J. air one out in the first two or three plays. Depending on the success of that we might see more of it. I don't think Kirk is going to turn into long ball Kirk but I think we'll see more 15-20 yard passes than what we've had the last few years. I'd like to see a solid game from our tackles both on offense and defense. I'm not to worried about our defensive tackles but I'm real worried about the offensive side. I didn't hear a lot about improvement from our linebackers but I'm hoping they've grown up and are at least solid. I have the Hawks in a close one 27-24.

I think a majority of the short game "emphasis" the past couple years is due to JR more than the play calling. He wasn't a very good deep ball thrower. Sure, he was capable of throwing deep, but he needed an immaculate pocket so he could take a few steps and get all his strength into it. He didn't have much touch on the ball. There are options on every play, and that sort of shortcoming isn't going to lead you to pick the deep option over the shorter/easier route being run.

Alternatively, CJ throws an effortless deep ball, but struggles on the shorter throws. It'll be interesting to see if he has improved/can improve his short stuff to become a complete player.

All in all, I think we'll see a few more deep balls, but more or less the same offensive style. Run heavy, fairly conservative, but not talon-less (Hawk reference FTW)...

I'm excited right now, anything can happen. It seems like forever we've been living with a bad taste in our mouth. My favorite time of year is finally here.

It's not a BTN game until I see a commercial for farming equipment, I'll remain vigilant...

Marshall Koehn is a weapon kicking off sending the ball through the end zone. Kirk usually gets the ball to start games but we don't usually score. Let's hope our first possession results in a td.