Who's ready for some Hawk football

I'll always question the motives of a young lady who decides to get married in the fall.

Ya I get it the weather is nice in the fall. I still think they do it out of spite.

I definitely do baby backs. I use a 2 tiered Weber and you put chips directly on the coals. I lean towards hickory and mesquite chips. I put rub consisting of brown sugar, red pepper, cumin, mustard powder, black pepper. I put rub on ribs night before (fantastic for creating extra flavor), put tin foil over it in a pan.
Bring to room temperature , cook over medium heat until 150 degrees (rotating ribs). I take off ribs, baste them with Cookies or any BBQ sauce (done some homemade, by my wife.....damn good too lol) wrap up ribs in tinfoil and put back on smoker until 170-175. Take off smoker and put in crockpot or I recommend a picnic beer cooler for about an hour (will keep cooking but juices settle back into meat) enjoy. Let me know if you want FULL recipe

Not addressed at me but I'll be doing ribs too. Baby back are a marketing gimmick. I do St. Louis cut (spare ribs). More meat on them. I have a Blaz'n Grill Works pellet smoker. I do EAT BBQ rub (https://www.atbbq.com/eat-barbecue-zero-to-hero-barbecue-rub.html) no affiliation. At the end I do a light glazing with BBQ sauce. I like it to just be tacky, not slathered. Ribs take 5-6 hours between 225-250 degrees.

I don't foil my ribs. If you hit them with a spray bottle of apple juice and apple cider vinegar periodically they won't dry out and I don't want mushy steamed ribs.

I'll always question the motives of a young lady who decides to get married in the fall.

Ya I get it the weather is nice in the fall. I still think they do it out of spite.
Clearly, it's a trial balloon to see what crap she can get away with once she's married. The guy getting married at 3:00 this Saturday is in big trouble, he just doesn't know it - yet.

I definitely do baby backs. I use a 2 tiered Weber and you put chips directly on the coals. I lean towards hickory and mesquite chips. I put rub consisting of brown sugar, red pepper, cumin, mustard powder, black pepper. I put rub on ribs night before (fantastic for creating extra flavor), put tin foil over it in a pan.
Bring to room temperature , cook over medium heat until 150 degrees (rotating ribs). I take off ribs, baste them with Cookies or any BBQ sauce (done some homemade, by my wife.....damn good too lol) wrap up ribs in tinfoil and put back on smoker until 170-175. Take off smoker and put in crockpot or I recommend a picnic beer cooler for about an hour (will keep cooking but juices settle back into meat) enjoy. Let me know if you want FULL recipe
Never, ever, never put sauce on ribs while smoking/grilling.

3-2-1 method for spare ribs, 2-2-1 for baby back. Perfect every time. Wrap in foil and put in cooler for an hour like you mentioned. Provide sauce at the table for those that want it.

LOL this is how I read your post

I had some fucking weed at 3 AM.

It's full on legal here in California. You can smoke as much as you want. It's really kind of a pain in the ass though. I thought I would check it out. You have to register to get in...they take your driver's license information...etc. Then you have to wait for a budtender. It was busy where I was, so the wait was like 15-20 minutes, then I had some douche budtender with an attitude. You know, like the hostess who seats you at a popular restaurant that is always impossible to get a table at. Like she wields some power or something. You seat people at a freaking restaurant...get over yourself. Anyway, after the process and everything, I kept thinking this was much easier and less annoying when i had a dealer in college.

My wife enjoys college football so she tolerates, even enjoys Saturdays. What makes it easier is the fact that I don't watch as much NFL football as I used to. I haven't played fantasy football since 2009. It got to the point where my kids were getting older and starting to play some of their own sports on Sunday. I get a good part of my football fix on high school Friday nights and college Saturdays and can then spend a good part of Sunday with the family. It works pretty well all the way around.

The worst part about getting married during football season is that even if you pick a buy week, every few years your anniversary falls on a gameday.

Is there any chance they'd compromise and allow the game to be shown on a projector behind the alter. Nothing says wedding like people cheer during the vows.

Assuming we win. I could just see Iowa throwing a two yard pass play on third and twelve. At the same time the minister says do you take this bride to love and to cherish, to death do you part. Suddenly a hawk fans sees the two yard pass and yells out “Eff that” :eek:

Opening day... hayden speaks and then highlights

Great memories. Talk about better recruiting at the skill positions. The backups in and of them selves went on to do great things. Bell, Stewart, and Montgomery all in the backfield. Have to love how Fry would pound opponents into the ground and let the backups get some valuable experience playing at the end of the third quarter and all of the fourth. Kirk would have his staring quarterback in there until the last possession of the game and then let the back up quarterback hand off the ball for a run up the middle. Fry did it right and tried to get his backups much needed experience.

Assuming we win. I could just see Iowa throwing a two yard pass play on third and twelve. At the same time the minister says do you take this bride to love and to cherish, to death do you part. Suddenly a hawk fans sees the two yard pass and yells out “Eff that” :eek:
For Sure..Ugh! Scary but a potential reality...Would a quick prayer hurt?

The worst part about getting married during football season is that even if you pick a buy week, every few years your anniversary falls on a gameday.
We got married during football season. It was a bye the year we got married but of course rarely is these days. It really doesn't matter most years. Its not like we go on a cruise every anniversary and despite the audience here I'll go ahead and say, not everything in life revolves around football. I've missed games for reasons other than the anniversary over the years like kids events.

Yeah, I'm going to retract my statement about baby backs. Not sure why I even said that. I actually have had better results with BB than spare recently any way.