Who’s Going To The Game?

I will be there. Scored some choice suite tickets thru work so looking forward to the weather elements not being a huge factor in my attendance.

I'll be there in spirit. I'll actually be at a 3rd grade girls basketball tournament...full court press allowed. FML.

I’ll have to listen to this game and next Saturday’s game on YouTube, in San Juan, Puerto Rico for the next two weeks due to work.

Shelly Bardon Till was known for scores like that when she coached Youth basketball around Dubuque. She would keep the starters in and the press on and run it up as much as she could.

You know what they say... It's not the other teams jobs to quit scoring its your job to stop them. I don't necessarily agree with it, but its what it is. You can be creative with a lead and put rules in place like so many passes before a shot or having or playing shell defense with little pressure on the ball handler, but at some point its unfair to tell them not to play hard.

On one hand I'm against running the score up, but on the other hand if little Timmy's average 2 ppg and getting very few minutes a game I see no reason holding him back when he finally gets a chance to play a decent amount of minutes simply because the other team can't stop him. Keeping starters in on the other hand and pressing is a bit much though IMO.

Be there, like almost every other home game the last 35+ years. Unfortunate that we can't welcome Bielema back to Kinnick. Just Win Baby!
At least it won't be so crowded w/o him here - dude has his own gravitational field

I'd post a gif but the site says it's too large, first time I've heard that!

You know what they say... It's not the other teams jobs to quit scoring its your job to stop them. I don't necessarily agree with it, but its what it is. You can be creative with a lead and put rules in place like so many passes before a shot or having or playing shell defense with little pressure on the ball handler, but at some point its unfair to tell them not to play hard.

On one hand I'm against running the score up, but on the other hand if little Timmy's average 2 ppg and getting very few minutes a game I see no reason holding him back when he finally gets a chance to play a decent amount of minutes simply because the other team can't stop him. Keeping starters in on the other hand and pressing is a bit much though IMO.
Well when I coached Youth basketball and the game started getting out of hand I would at least take the press off, have starters play different positions, and get second stringers into the game. I never got any masochistic rush out of humiliating a less talented opponent.

I've been on the other side of it too. Neither side is very fun. You don't have to quit scoring or quit trying but Shelly and others took it to the extreme.