Who would you want to Replace KF?

This would be a good hire. It wouldn't be sexy and it would be a hard sell to some Iowa fans, but eff all that he would be a good fit here. Big monster o-lineman straight up mauling people in a power blocking scheme, i would sign up for that.

I'm not going to lie. I've never found any football coach--not even one--to be sexy.

Because HC at Arkansas is a more esteemed position than head coach at Iowa.

I have a tattoo of an ear of corn. Doesn't mean I'd leave Portland if a law firm in Ottumwa Iowa offered me a job.

Wish list.....Art Briles of Baylor....he is not leaving but I would love to land a coach from Texas or the SEC, if it came to that. Freeze...how the heck is he beating the whole country for some of the top recruits? Money? SEC bagmen?

Call me stupid, but I would give Mark Farley a call. He takes the outcasts that Kurt doesn't want and turns them into winners on a lower level. Hire a couple recruiting expert assistants and go to town.

Heck, at least he has proven he can actually beat ISU. :(

Yeah and aybe Terry Allen can be dcoordinator with mike dunbar as ocoordinator.

Farley and or diaco are laughable thoughts, as well as any stoops outside bob.

Doeren is an avenue to look into.

Stoops should be the first call. I doubt he'd come but if he's not at the top of the list then theres no point in having one.
BB. I for one think he'd come. I think Iowa would over pay him be loyal and he'd be a shot in the arm for the program. Win win for everyone.
And hows this thought if BB gets it how would Chuck Long look as an OC? I know he didn't do so hot as a head guy himself but as an OC I thought he did pretty good working for Stoops didn't he?

Bielema left wisky because he couldn't keep his assistants, Iowa will not be able to pay them as much as Arkansas. I don't see him coming to Iowa. I think we have to burn the Hayden Fry coaching tree, nothing against Hayden but it is too limiting. Look for the BEST candidate not the best one with ties to Iowa.
Are you kidding me? did you even look at the links provided about the HF coaching tree, some of these coaches are top notch or on the rise to stardom.

After thinking this through and seeing what's out there, The Hayden Coaching tree is full of prospects. Personally I would like to see Mark Stoops come in after seeing how he has got the Kentucky football program on the rise. And He knows how to recruit.

Not even a relevant question until 2020 because Kirk's not going anywhere until then.

Yeah and aybe Terry Allen can be dcoordinator with mike dunbar as ocoordinator.

Farley and or diaco are laughable thoughts, as well as any stoops outside bob.

Doeren is an avenue to look into.

I am not trying to be an ahole, but really, only Bob Stoops, Mark Stoops has coached with coaches of coaching, look up his career. He is doing a great job as a first time HC at Kentucky. Need proof look how they walked into the swamp and punched the Gators in the mouth. If Iowa went down there we would be crushed 48-14. He is a prime choice, played at Iowa, His dad is buried in an Iowa Jersey, c'mon people use your heads. Plus the guy is a good recruiter, has ties in the SEC country, and has Passion and Fire something lacking at Iowa In my Opinion.

I am not trying to be an ahole, but really, only Bob Stoops, Mark Stoops has coached with coaches of coaching, look up his career. He is doing a great job as a first time HC at Kentucky. Need proof look how they walked into the swamp and punched the Gators in the mouth. If Iowa went down there we would be crushed 48-14. He is a prime choice, played at Iowa, His dad is buried in an Iowa Jersey, c'mon people use your heads. Plus the guy is a good recruiter, has ties in the SEC country, and has Passion and Fire something lacking at Iowa In my Opinion.

Yes only bob. Mark is a recruiting madman but they should have beat Florida, Florida is bad.

Please don't talk fire and passion crap. Coach football and win. Passion and fire are silly desires for a coach.

I believe Bob Stoops would take the call but Iowa would have to trump his current salary of 5.2 million per year by at least 2 million or so to even get the conversation started. He'd be giving up a shot for a NC on a yearly basis for the possibility of contending for B1G West division championships on a yearly basis. Oklahoma to Iowa is a huge step down, even for someone who has a lot of pride for the Iowa program as Stoops does. He's done all he can at Oklahoma and the NFL doesn't look realistic for him, so you never know.

More realistic is whoever the MAC coach of the year is whenever Iowa needs to hire a new HC.

The more I read, I'm convinced this board is best suited to chossing our next staff. May as well leave recruiting duties up to the board, too.

Sending Thunder or HomerChampless on a recruiting visit would HAVE to pay big dividends. Dontcha think?

When the Iowa football program has been at its absolute best for extended periods, both under Evashevski and Fry, they were among the nation's best teams on offense. I think schools that lack a dominant recruiting footprint need to be offensively unique in order to have a consistent program. Living in Waco for my fourth football season, I have seen first hand the genius of Art Briles. While I am fully aware that Briles is nothing more than a pipe dream, I think landing someone from his coaching tree is doable for Iowa.

With that in mind, the first name on my list of potential replacements at Iowa right now is Bowling Green head coach Dino Babers. He's a little bit on the older side (he'll be 54 before the start of the 2015 season), but I think he would be great hire for a lot reasons. He runs an innovative, fast-paced (they ran 113 plays vs. Indiana!), highly effective offense; he has been an assistant coach all over the country, and has recruiting ties seemingly everywhere; and, as an African-American himself, I think he would be able to provide a unique perspective to young kids that might otherwise be put off by the lack of diversity in the state of Iowa.

look at the big brain on bret

BunLpk8IQAAo4Pt.jpg:large

Because HC at Arkansas is a more esteemed position than head coach at Iowa.

I have a tattoo of an ear of corn. Doesn't mean I'd leave Portland if a law firm in Ottumwa Iowa offered me a job.

Arkansas head coach esteemed? Not sure about that. Also not sure esteem is high on the list of priorities for a football coach.

But I do know it's basically a middle of the pack cieling job in that conference with little job security.

Brett would likely come to Iowa if offered enough money and the losses to teams like ISU would be done.

Latest posts