Who would you want to Replace KF?

Good call on Shaw. Imagine what he could do without having to deal with stringent academic standards.

Call me stupid, but I would give Mark Farley a call. He takes the outcasts that Kurt doesn't want and turns them into winners on a lower level. Hire a couple recruiting expert assistants and go to town.

Heck, at least he has proven he can actually beat ISU. :(

No. Just no.

You guys are hilarious. Bob Stoops ain't leaving Oklahoma for Iowa. And Shaw sure as hell ain't leaving Stanford for Iowa.

We might be able to get Bielema just because he will likely be out of a job, but if not, he is not leaving Arkansas for Iowa.

You guys WAY overvalue the Iowa HC position. To get a top candidate, you'll have to catch them when they are down AND pay them more then we ever paid Kirk.

If people want exciting offense then call Mike Leach. The old swashbuckler should be able to get it done in ICity.

If people want exciting offense then call Mike Leach. The old swashbuckler should be able to get it done in ICity.
But how would Leach do against State or Wisky? We need someone who can 'coach' in many different kinds of situations. Unless you want to keep the someone who can coach during the B1G season.

Last edited:
there are fantasy picks and then there are the realistic picks.

Bob Stoops - fantasy
Bret - in a few years from now
Bob Diaco
Mac - maybe
Jay Norvel

I'm sure there are some hot up and comers. remember - Bob Cummings was a hot up coach from the MAC.

I would like us to take a look at Paul Chryst at Pitt.

He did a nice job as OC at Wisky under Bielema. He knows the B1G landscape and employs a true power football running game (not the crap we pass off as great o-lines and running game). He has Wisconsin roots and is well respected up there. He might be able to steal some guys that would typically go to UW and there are some decent players up there.

I am not sold on Gary Anderson so this would be nice to grab this guy and start getting back up on Wisky. That would freaking drive them nuts!

What I also like is he knows how to steam roll these crappy teams that KF annually loses to and how to beat OSU which Wisky has probably done more than anyone in the last 20 years.

That is who I would strongly consider. Let's make it happen.

This would be a good hire. It wouldn't be sexy and it would be a hard sell to some Iowa fans, but eff all that he would be a good fit here. Big monster o-lineman straight up mauling people in a power blocking scheme, i would sign up for that.

You guys are hilarious. Bob Stoops ain't leaving Oklahoma for Iowa. And Shaw sure as hell ain't leaving Stanford for Iowa.

We might be able to get Bielema just because he will likely be out of a job, but if not, he is not leaving Arkansas for Iowa.

You guys WAY overvalue the Iowa HC position. To get a top candidate, you'll have to catch them when they are down AND pay them more then we ever paid Kirk.

Bielema isn't getting fired....They outplayed Auburn until the rain delay. And why do you think he wouldn't he come to Iowa? He already has the tiger hawk tat

Latest posts