Who Would You Take?

AJ Green from UNI or CJ Fredrick?

• Fredrick

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • Green

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
after seeing CJF play at the college level, i'd take CJF. he has the potential to be a complete player and a lot better shooter by % than AJG. this isn't a comparison i could have made before seeing CJF play at iowa because it was just too difficult to get any game film when he was in HS

I haven’t seen much of Green to really know, but assuming we expected said player to play with Bohannon for two years, I think Fredrick is a better fit due to his ability to play without the ball a little better. Again I’m just assuming that Green has the ball in his hands more on UNI, which is backed up by his usage number.

I’d certainly take both.

It's almost a coin flip but I think I'd still take AJ Green by a very slim margin. Fredrick has had more success shooting the ball but the entire offense for UNI goes through AJ Green, I think his shooting would be better if he wasn't asked to take as many shots. Defensively Green has the advantage.

Fredrick. I like his defense too. Why? Is Green thinking about transferring? Is this a trick question? Do I need to say Green?

I thought it was an interesting comparison and topic for discussion since there were people upset when Iowa didn't offer Green.

So, no, not a trick question.

I haven't seen the other guy play either so tough for me to say. I know Fredrick is an all around gamer and I know Green is killing it. How about Green or Carton? Man would one of those two make us a complete team. We might get back to back conference championships with either one of them.

I think we'd be ok with either. But the more I watch CJF, the more I like him. Also, I haven't seen Green play more than a few minutes.:p

Yeah this isn't a fair question to ask on here since not many have actually seen AJ Green play. He's one hell of a ballplayer, the Hawks would be on a whole different level if he was on this team.

I do mean WITH Fredrick, not without him. Although Iowa probably wouldn't have Fredrick if Green had accepted a scholarship to play here.

UNI SoS Rank: 108
Iowa SoS Rank: 8

AJ Shots per game: 15.0
CJ Shots per game: 7.1

AJ FG%: 42.6%
CJ FG%: 53.8%

AJ 3P%: 38.3%
CJ 3P%: 50.9%

AJ A/TO: 1:1
CJ A/TO: 2:1

AJ plays against far weaker competition and shoots twice as much as CJ (because he has to, Iowa has more weapons). CJ shoots it better than AJ, has a much better assist/TO ratio, and is leading the big ten in 3P%.

I'm happy with CJ.

UNI SoS Rank: 108
Iowa SoS Rank: 8

AJ Shots per game: 15.0
CJ Shots per game: 7.1

AJ FG%: 42.6%
CJ FG%: 53.8%

AJ 3P%: 38.3%
CJ 3P%: 50.9%

AJ A/TO: 1:1
CJ A/TO: 2:1

AJ plays against far weaker competition and shoots twice as much as CJ (because he has to, Iowa has more weapons). CJ shoots it better than AJ, has a much better assist/TO ratio, and is leading the big ten in 3P%.

I'm happy with CJ.
Good numbers. I would add that CJ plays with some much better offensive players which allows him to get some of those assists.

CJ could definitely average 17-20 on a UNI type team, but his percentages would also drop as well. Interesting discussion, both guys are very good players.

CJ is a better defender, from what I've seen of Green, he can't keep up with opposing PGs in the MO Valley, but does give good effort. Offensively, there's not much Green can't do, would be fun to see him against higher quality opponents on a regular basis, but the Valley happens to be down this year again.

Until I see Green go against high level P5 competition, I'm going with CJ. I've seen CJ play against that kind of competition and he's a baller.

That's not to take anything away from Green. He seems like a helluva MVC player and is probably going to get UNI into the tourney.

But I like CJs all-around game better and I think he's a better compliment to what we have right now than Green would be.

Latest posts