Who would you add?

I still think the missing link on this team is PG or at the very least slasher, so Lester. I hope Joe T can get there next year, but if I were Fran realizing how special this team could be next year (assuming Garza is back) I would be painting the picture of the possibilities to the best Transfer out there next year of what could happen if we added them. And I'm talking someone who can get to the rim.

I still think the missing link on this team is PG or at the very least slasher, so Lester. I hope Joe T can get there next year, but if I were Fran realizing how special this team could be next year (assuming Garza is back) I would be painting the picture of the possibilities to the best Transfer out there next year of what could happen if we added them. And I'm talking someone who can get to the rim.

Iowa brings in 5 new players next year and Fran's kids are possibly walking on to help fit everyone. I am sure if there is a slasher out there available who wants to come to Iowa, Fran would figure out a way to make room and who knows maybe Cordell moves on, but I wouldn't be holding out for that scenario with any high anticipation.

Iowa brings in 5 new players next year and Fran's kids are possibly walking on to help fit everyone. I am sure if there is a slasher out there available who wants to come to Iowa, Fran would figure out a way to make room and who knows maybe Cordell moves on, but I wouldn't be holding out for that scenario with any high anticipation.

yes we would need to make some room possibly, but normally assume a transfer or something. With what we have coming back potentially, its hard not to push all the chips in somehow.

Fred Brown ... and I don't care how old he is. :)

AR-200229735.jpg

Chris Street hands down. Can score, rebound, play defense, and shoot free throws. He will dive after loose balls. There’s a reason there is a hustle award named for him. If you are talking recently, if Nicholas Baer had one more season of eligibility left, we would be B1G Champions. We need that hustle guy. We just don’t have one this season.

Chris Street hands down. Can score, rebound, play defense, and shoot free throws. He will dive after loose balls. There’s a reason there is a hustle award named for him. If you are talking recently, if Nicholas Baer had one more season of eligibility left, we would be B1G Champions. We need that hustle guy. We just don’t have one this season.
umm, pretty sure Luka hustles some of the time. Not sure about JT, hard to see if he moves at all, kind of a blur.

Devan Bawinkel. Not really, but I just like to say: Bawinkel

The guy attempted 223 3pt'rs and just 5 2pt'rs in his two years with Iowa. And he had the funkiest looking shot I've ever seen. Cracked me up every time

Give me Roy Marble Sr, he would have been unstoppable on this team. Jeff Horner would have been another great player on this team, another 3 point shooter that Luka could kick the ball out too, same would be true for guys like Haluska and Kingsbury.

There have been a lot of good shooters and ball players mentioned but let's look at the problems Iowa has had the last few games which is mainly rebounding and some scoring droughts because of shooting and turnover differential. So better rebounding and or more scoring and more consistent scoring.

I think if you can only add one person they would need to be able to help a lot on the boards especially the defensive boards where the hawks have been getting clobbered. And they would need to be a decent scorer.

If you can go back in time like some people have said I would say that Chris Street, one of the best all around players at Iowa in a lot time, or Reggie Evans would solve both the rebounding and scoring problems. Reggie would get lots of bounds and put backs and he and Garza could both be on the floor with them moving in and out of the low post. Same with Street except he could also score from anywhere, he and Garza with 3 very good guards would be almost unstoppable.

Now, for much more recent players JBo lighting up the scoreboard could overcome the 6-8 extra offensive rebounds we give up that leads to a few extra baskets. And I am talking Jbo at the wing in a rotation with CJ and JW, and with JBo at the point with Connor and some JT, and Garza, JW, and Kreiner, and a little Pemsl at the 4-5.

And in actual reality going forward, the hawks havent been getting a lot of fast break points so all 5 need to turn, block out, and crash the defensive glass come tourney time. CJ and JW need to get boards and the guards need to get loose balls and long rebounds.

Ronnie Lester is 61 years old. I don't think he could keep up.

Oh for krists sakes, that made me laugh.

Seriously though, Iowa has been in the top of the BIG 10 for like 3 years now on offense, and the very top this year. Iowa really needed that quick guard to defend the opposing PG more than we needed him for scoring.

umm, pretty sure Luka hustles some of the time. Not sure about JT, hard to see if he moves at all, kind of a blur.
Garza is a hustle guy. But I’m referring to someone out on the perimeter where most loose balls occur. A guy that would end up in the stands going for those loose balls. Someone that is scrappy and will get the ball back and push it up the floor. Garza is option #1, but we need a guy that gets bloodied besides Garza.

Latest posts