Who would want to see Iowa play Notre Dame?

We need a tougher non-conference schedule. That's my belief. I think it is in our best interest. My preference would be playing east coast schools, and Notre Dame is an east coast school, excepting its physical address, and Chicago.

We need a tougher non-conference schedule. That's my belief. I think it is in our best interest. My preference would be playing east coast schools, and Notre Dame is an east coast school, excepting its physical address, and Chicago.

Using your logic, wouldn't VA Tech be a superior choice?

Possibly. Whoever would draw the largest east coast tv audience would win out, and I suspect this would be Notre Dame.

True, teh fainting eyerash would do better with NY & Boston, but VA Tech is mighty popular from DC on down.
Plus, for a home & home, I can get tix to Lane Stadium in Blacksburg from my VA Tech alum neighbor. Body armor extra, of course.

True, teh fainting eyerash would do better with NY & Boston, but VA Tech is mighty popular from DC on down.
Plus, for a home & home, I can get tix to Lane Stadium in Blacksburg from my VA Tech alum neighbor. Body armor extra, of course.

I have no objection to Va Tech. Point remains, for me at least, Iowa, and the entire B1G, needs to toughen up their non-conference games. I think the playoff will eventually do this for everyone. Better games for college football fans all 12 weeks.

New here, but I think the only good to come from playing ND would be playing on NBC if at their place. More exposure to the east coast for Ferentz. But, I do not think he really needs that anymore. Already has those connections.

well I wouldn't not want them to play, so my answer is yes. I don't see the harm.

When is all of that exposure we are getting in Arizona going to start paying off?

Time to remove ISwho? and add the golden domers, both teams are about the same in regards to competition. Eliminate one useless opponent for a nationally televised game every other year works for me.

Time to remove ISwho? and add the golden domers, both teams are about the same in regards to competition. Eliminate one useless opponent for a nationally televised game every other year works for me.

You don't like the exposure we get when we play ISU? That game is broadcast on Fox Sports - Story County!

Latest posts