Who will start at QB?

rjhindm

Whats your guess?

I am going to say since Davis has always had a QB with at least a little running ability, I am going to go with Sokol.

Rudock has very good running ability as well from what I've seen. I'll be curious to see the competition between those two. Vandy even said in an interview that Beathard has a good arm but is totally lost at this point. Sokol has the juco experience and Rudock has more time in the program. I feel like I'm probably just throwing darts at the wall, but I'll say Rudock based on the little I've seen at the open practices.

Rudock, Sokol and Beathard all have a chance in a normal program but in reality this is Kirk Ferentz's program and I could possibly see it going as kind of like '08 with JC (Ferentz's guy) starting the season and eventually Stanzi (KOK's guy) won the job. By that I know Rudock didn't play last year like JC in '07 but he has been here the longest and has the most experience in a pro style offense and has kept his nose clean so to speak. I could see Sokol being Davis' guy because he is a gun-slinger like Colt McCoy was at Texas (term used during recruiting, not me comparing Colt to Cody). I could see them switching on and off until one pulls ahead and by that I mean does it KF's way, anyone remember the end of the 2nd half of the Pitt game in '08 when Stanzi wanted to make a move down field instead of running the clock out like KF always wants to do. Yep Stanzi was benched the entire 2nd half and Iowa lost because we all know JC couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

We all know that Ferentz is going to do everything his way, he doesn't feel the heat but he does want to win but only if it is his way. I could be way off which is completely possible since I am not a football coach and I don't know any of these people personally but that is my two cents worth.

Talked with my brother - in - law who is involved with football team on daily basis. I asked him about QB for next year. His opinion:
Ruddock is the best in his opinion right now. Smartest and throws the most consistent ball. Very similar to JVB. (He also said JVB was accurate in

Jon Miller did say something back in the spring about Rudock had the best mechanics of all of them but lacked B10 size. Given the quality of coaching I am assuming that Rudock received most of his life considering where he went to high school, I just hope that it all shows up on the field. I personally liked Vandenberg but this system was not good to him or his skill set. Let's hope that is not the same for any of these guys.

Deep down I think it would be pretty sweet to have a 4 year starting QB but unless CJ has an amazing spring and fall, I just can't imagine that is going to happen.

Talked with my brother - in - law who is involved with football team on daily basis. I asked him about QB for next year. His opinion:

Ruddock - is the best in his opinion right now. Smartest and throws the most consistent ball. Very similar to JVB. (He also said JVB was accurate in practice)

Sokol - talk around team is he fits the Davis system the best. Not sure what that means exactly. Not very consistent throwing the ball. Not as strong of arm as Ruddock but who needs strong arm when don't throw ball past 5 yards.

Beathard (sp?) - he called him a badass. Thinks he has most upside of all QB, just very raw and has a lot to learn. Not real smart yet. Very strong arm.

Based on that info I would go with Sokol with Ruddock listed at number 2 but not surprised to see Beathard go in if Sokol goes down

Ruddock - is the best in his opinion right now. Smartest and throws the most consistent ball. Very similar to JVB. (He also said JVB was accurate in practice)

Sokol - talk around team is he fits the Davis system the best. Not sure what that means exactly. Not very consistent throwing the ball. Not as strong of arm as Ruddock but who needs strong arm when don't throw ball past 5 yards.

Beathard (sp?) - he called him a badass. Thinks he has most upside of all QB, just very raw and has a lot to learn. Not real smart yet. Very strong arm.

Based on that info I would go with Sokol with Ruddock listed at number 2 but not surprised to see Beathard go in if Sokol goes down

Exactly, who gives a **** who plays QB. It doesn't matter.

I'm rooting for Beathard, but what does it matter? With this staff, a four year starter is no advantage and will regress each year.

Rudock must be awful if he can't get snaps over the 18th rated QB in the B1G.

So my money is on the other guy.

If Rudock is the next starter, then GDKurt is even more deranged than we know.

No idea. We have very little to go by outside of rumor and press conference coach speak. And limited spring game action

Latest posts