Who will start at QB?

who know Shimonek may beat them all out
as a JR went 191 0f 293 for 2939 yards 37 td's and just 3 INT'S with 8 rushing TD's with 323 rushing yards
as a SR he has gone
130 of 199 for 2072 yards 28 TD'S AND 5 INT's with 83 carries for 620 yards and 12 TD'S for a avg 7.49 per carry. in 2 seasons he as accounted for 65 passing TD'S and 20 rushing TD's and his season is not done yet as they just won a 1st rnd game in the state playoffs and play in the 2nd round this friday night..
in 2 season he has rushed for 953 yards, this is what we need for QB, accurate passer and can run, you can have your RB/WR to be your QB, I like mine that can pass 1st and run 2nd
as for speed he runs a 4.9 40 vs the 4.8 40 of the three already here,
and I question that 40 time as he is a All Star SS which why he was overlooked as most thought Base ball would be where he is playing at TX
6'4 205 lbs, I have seen a number of his videos and really like this kid

Talked with my brother - in - law who is involved with football team on daily basis. I asked him about QB for next year. His opinion:

Ruddock - is the best in his opinion right now. Smartest and throws the most consistent ball. Very similar to JVB. (He also said JVB was accurate in practice)

Sokol - talk around team is he fits the Davis system the best. Not sure what that means exactly. Not very consistent throwing the ball. Not as strong of arm as Ruddock but who needs strong arm when don't throw ball past 5 yards.

Beathard (sp?) - he called him a badass. Thinks he has most upside of all QB, just very raw and has a lot to learn. Not real smart yet. Very strong arm.

Based on that info I would go with Sokol with Ruddock listed at number 2 but not surprised to see Beathard go in if Sokol goes down

My vote....go with the badass.

After reading more on C.J. Beathard...That would be very cool to have a 4 year starter. But I doubt it happens. Kid was a stud in Tenn...

The qb will be the one who plays the most conservatively in practice. We have three qb's competing for playing time and they know the way to win the job is to not take chances. Competition is not good if they are competing to be the best game manager rather than the best qb.

Rudock must be awful if he can't get snaps over the 18th rated QB in the B1G.

So my money is on the other guy.

If Rudock is the next starter, then GDKurt is even more deranged than we know.

None of the kids on our current roster could so it must be the recruit from Texas?

why does it matter if a kid gets any snaps before starting,
Stanzi NEVER took a snap before startring his RSSO YEAR
Gardner for Michigan took a snap as a QB before taking over for DROB
the backup to Maxwell at MSU threw just 6 passes all season. just what could anybody learn from that?
getting snaps mean very little at this level
Tate threw just 11 passes his 1st year as a backup, how could anyone know he would lead the team to their 3rd straight top 10 season, then see him have his best season throwing the ball 2828 yards and a QB 146 Rating and a 7-5 record then have a 6-7 record in 2006, by going 2-6 in conference play and lost 7 out of the last 8,
and I am pretty sure Tate was a better QB than JVB
IN 2007 with a 4* #2 in the nation at the DT QB , in JC had a 6-6 record and JC ended the season with a QB rating of 116
this shows that no matter who is the QB there is no guarentee how good they will be

the backup to Maxwell at MSU threw just 6 passes all season. just what could anybody learn from that?
Tate threw just 11 passes his 1st year as a backup, how could anyone know he would lead the team to their 3rd straight top 10 season, then see him have his best season throwing the ball 2828 yards and a QB 146 Rating and a 7-5 record then have a 6-7 record in 2006, by going 2-6 in conference play and lost 7 out of the last 8,
IN 2007 with a 4* #2 in the nation at the DT QB , in JC had a 6-6 record and JC ended the season with a QB rating of 116
this shows that no matter who is the QB there is no guarentee how good they will be

^ coach is that you?

Talked with my brother - in - law who is involved with football team on daily basis. I asked him about QB for next year. His opinion:

Ruddock - is the best in his opinion right now. Smartest and throws the most consistent ball. Very similar to JVB. (He also said JVB was accurate in practice)

Sokol - talk around team is he fits the Davis system the best. Not sure what that means exactly. Not very consistent throwing the ball. Not as strong of arm as Ruddock but who needs strong arm when don't throw ball past 5 yards.

Beathard (sp?) - he called him a badass. Thinks he has most upside of all QB, just very raw and has a lot to learn. Not real smart yet. Very strong arm.

Based on that info I would go with Sokol with Ruddock listed at number 2 but not surprised to see Beathard go in if Sokol goes down

Nothing will fire up the Iowa fan base like hearing our starter next year is similar to JVB. But let's get real, Kurt starts guys based on how they've played in games, none of our QB's have played so we're running the wildcat all year.

Stanzi struggled and throw a ton of picks (remember pick six rick?), keep dreaming. Plus he had Shaun Greene and a great O-line.
Gardner saw the field just not as QB as much but he did play. On field experience just because he wasn't a starter at QB doesn't mean it doesn't count as experience.
Maxwell, he got a new OC because Treadwell left for a new coaching job plus maybe, just maybe he isn't very good!
Tate consistently degressed as a QB each year.
Please, please don't ever talk about JC, if he didn't have the defense he did, they would have lost alot more games. Or in turn, if this years defense was that good, they probably would have won a few more games this year.

So after not playing JR all year we are randomly gonna roll out a true freshman.. Herbacide... cmon man
ht...weight....40 time... > logic right?? FTW

How comforting that the Head Coach doesn't even know who will be the QB, because the so-called acid test is playing in a real game.. lol oh the joy of it.. :)..

COACH FERENTZ: The bottom line, the acid test for everything is how are they playing in games? And we're not going to know that until next September.

It wont be Rudock they must think he stinks they wouldnt even give him a chance

If Rudock is so bad that he can't even get in for one snap then he should quit football and whatever coach recruited him should be fired for recruiting such a worthless pile of crap.

That coach's name is Ferentz.

The spineless media in this state needs to ask Ferentz, "It's common knowledge that Vandenburg is one of the worst quarterbacks in Division l football. If Rudock is such a worthless pile of human garbage that he can't even back him up in a 30 point blowout, why did you waste a valuable free ride on that dead weight.?"

Follow up question..."Obviously you made huge mistake by bringing him here. It hurt the team and the program. What are you going in the future to make sure that you don't bring someone as worthless as Rudock in to the program again?"

If Rudock is so bad that he can't even get in for one snap then he should quit football and whatever coach recruited him should be fired for recruiting such a worthless pile of crap.

That coach's name is Ferentz.

The spineless media in this state needs to ask Ferentz, "It's common knowledge that Vandenburg is one of the worst quarterbacks in Division l football. If Rudock is such a worthless pile of human garbage that he can't even back him up in a 30 point blowout, why did you waste a valuable free ride on that dead weight.?"

Follow up question..."Obviously you made huge mistake by bringing him here. It hurt the team and the program. What are you going in the future to make sure that you don't bring someone as worthless as Rudock in to the program again?"

Not disagreeing with any of these thoughts but what % of James sucking this year do you blame on James compared to GD?

I'm sure it will be Ruddock because he's "put in the time" and KF is loyal to a fault. But I have a feeling it should be Sokol.

Latest posts