Who will start at QB?

How comforting that the Head Coach doesn't even know who will be the QB, because the so-called acid test is playing in a real game.. lol oh the joy of it.. :)..

COACH FERENTZ: The bottom line, the acid test for everything is how are they playing in games? And we're not going to know that until next September.

But he's not delusional.

FreedComanche

Why would you assume Rudock is any good because he didn't get garbage time in our blowout losses? KF said he didn't think it's worthwhile so he didn't put him in. I honestly think they wanted JVB to have all the time he could in the games to see if he could figure things out.

My guess is that Rudock is the guy...he has the high school pedigree and he is smart and he works hard. I think he's the guys the others have to supplant.

It's really impossible for any of us to know.

This. Certainly at this point of the year when they have even gone through spring practices and even fall practices. It's really tough to know in many cases for a lot of programs going through a QB transition but especially when involves this closed-door, hush-hush Iowa program. I wouldn't be surprised if the first time we actually know who the starter is at game-time on Aug 31, 2013. I doubt we will even be able to trust the depth chart released for that game. It's just blind speculation until then.

Latest posts