Who will be next years lightning rod?

Moderating this board is obviously something Rob has to do because it's part of his job duties, but I'd also bet money that it's probably his absolute least favorite part of the job. It's 50% people who are mad and venting anonymously about the Hawkeyes, and 50% arguments. He probably hates it even more than Twitter, and we know how much of a Twitter fan he is...

I'd be way grumpier than Rob if I had to moderate this place.

Moderating this board is obviously something Rob has to do because it's part of his job duties, but I'd also bet money that it's probably his absolute least favorite part of the job. It's 50% people who are mad and venting anonymously about the Hawkeyes, and 50% arguments. He probably hates it even more than Twitter, and we know how much of a Twitter fan he is...

I'd be way grumpier than Rob if I had to moderate this place.

No doubt. This would be me with the ban hammer.

NX4rVyJ.gif

I think most of the people I interact with on here would be a solid hang for a beer and an Iowa game.
I'm in for a Diet Coke, or one of those gigantic silos of Arnold Palmer tea at Casey's for $0.99. I fuckin' love those things.

I was watching the Wisconsin tournament game with Badger fans and they were saying they were so excited for Happ to be done. Walking turnover who can’t make a layup and doesn’t play defense they said. This is arguably one of the best players in the history of their program.
Delusional Badgers, just like the Clowns

I can at least see the logic of getting on a good player that leaves or a bad player that doesn't leave, but where is the logic for ripping on an end of bench player who decides to leave?

I can at least see the logic of getting on a good player that leaves or a bad player that doesn't leave, but where is the logic for ripping on an end of bench player who decides to leave?

Especially a kid who's handled himself well, done nothing negative... no reason for it.

Don't try inserting logic into any of this. Ain't no room for any of that when it comes to these discussions...

Who are these dickholes posting this shit? Jesus.

Please troll this guy.

What's his coachTS71 handle all about? Transsexual?
I wouldn't want a nut with that mentality anywhere near a kid trying to teach or coach them how to tie their shoes let alone anything else. He'll get Karma I'm sure...

I come here because there is a contingent of people who make me giggle, and a contingent who get upset about dumb things (people who get madder when I giggle at them, which is a bonus) Everyone takes this thing so seriously it's ridiculous.

And it's not just this place. This whole damn orbiting rock is a meaningless, farcical, dumbness that we get to participate in for 60 or 70 years before we hit our expiration date and turn back into dirt. Just learn to laugh at the good and the bad and it'll all be ok for the short-ass time you're here.

Step back and think about how much of a bad practical joke this is. Billions upon billions of apes trapped with each other on an infinitesimally small rock, hurtling through space, dropping bombs on the tribes you don't like, making fun of college basketball players online, dying of stupid diseases, winning lotteries, working 50 years to roll the dice on your very last 5-10 years of life...

It's all just a big hilarious joke and whoever is pulling the strings has a hell of a sense of humor.

Relax. It's all temporary hilarity. Laugh at the fortune and misfortune, and stop worrying so much about everyone's feelings all the goddamn time.

d306ec21483423290eeafb7f2f8eb2e5.jpg
Apes huh?

Very interesting thread. Appreciate it! Hey, Good Company, really enjoyed the video. Thank you! I have made no secret of the fact that I appreciate KF and Fran and what they have done for our University. I have also been a die hard Hawkeye fan and season ticket guy for FB and BB for a lot of years. I certainly get frustrated with our coaches and players at times.

Like many posters, I have grown tired and sometimes even angry with the negativity. One of the decisions I made recently was to “block” certain posters who level personal attacks on players and coaches, as well as our AD. That list is actually rather brief. I often disagree with those with whom I interact, but those posters are not blocked. I try to be respectful in my disagreements, though I don’t claim a 100% success rate. I have also made it a point to pass out a lot of “likes” particularly for posters with whom I often disagree.

I would say that my decision to use the block option has been, for me, very successful in that I find the threads rarely get to my emotions any more. I really enjoy Hawkeye Nation. There are lots of interesting views about my favorite topic, Hawkeye sports. Won’t give it up.

I think I need to go see Good’s Band. My kind of music.

I think Nunge is going to be a star next year, and hopefully, Fredrick will follow suit. The team will look a lot different if Fran lets Toussaint play.

Very interesting thread. Appreciate it! Hey, Good Company, really enjoyed the video. Thank you! I have made no secret of the fact that I appreciate KF and Fran and what they have done for our University. I have also been a die hard Hawkeye fan and season ticket guy for FB and BB for a lot of years. I certainly get frustrated with our coaches and players at times.

Like many posters, I have grown tired and sometimes even angry with the negativity. One of the decisions I made recently was to “block” certain posters who level personal attacks on players and coaches, as well as our AD. That list is actually rather brief. I often disagree with those with whom I interact, but those posters are not blocked. I try to be respectful in my disagreements, though I don’t claim a 100% success rate. I have also made it a point to pass out a lot of “likes” particularly for posters with whom I often disagree.

I would say that my decision to use the block option has been, for me, very successful in that I find the threads rarely get to my emotions any more. I really enjoy Hawkeye Nation. There are lots of interesting views about my favorite topic, Hawkeye sports. Won’t give it up.

I think I need to go see Good’s Band. My kind of music.

Hey thanks man....always selling myself and always trying to get a listen. It's much appreciated, we're kind of country-rock. If you Spotify - the whole album is here, and streams, follows or the like is a huge help.