Who will ask?

revkev73

Who will be the first member of the press to ask, "Fran, with this start to the conference, do you feel your position is at risk? Especially given the total lack of defense the team has demonstrated, other than against the normal feast of cupcakes? Or do you feel secure because the AD is afraid of you? Care to comment?"

Who will be the first member of the press to ask, "Fran, with this start to the conference, do you feel your position is at risk? Especially given the total lack of defense the team has demonstrated, other than against the normal feast of cupcakes? Or do you feel secure because the AD is afraid of you? Care to comment?"
Reporters aren’t going to ask that because they’re not stupid enough to think it’s even a remote possibility.

Do you follow the program or just check box scores? Fran got a contract extension last year and the size of his buyout is astronomical. It isn’t happening unless this season ends with 4 or 5 conference wins and next year is just as bad. Don’t tell us you knew that already because if you did you wouldn’t suggest that a reporter would bring it up.

That’s why Fran’s agent should make the hall of fame for that extension. I hope Fran and Margie bought him a cruise and a new bummer. Fran has the program at the lowest spot in a decade and gets a bazillion dollars to stay here even longer.

Read the news once in a while.

For someone to ask this question would be nearly as dumb as your suggestion that it should be asked. Quit purposely writing stupid posts. You embarrass yourself.

Reporters aren’t going to ask that because they’re not stupid enough to think it’s even a remote possibility.

Do you follow the program or just check box scores? Fran got a contract extension last year and the size of his buyout is astronomical. It isn’t happening unless this season ends with 4 or 5 conference wins and next year is just as bad. Don’t tell us you knew that already because if you did you wouldn’t suggest that a reporter would bring it up.

That’s why Fran’s agent should make the hall of fame for that extension. I hope Fran and Margie bought him a cruise and a new bummer. Fran has the program at the lowest spot in a decade and gets a bazillion dollars to stay here even longer.

Read the news once in a while.
You seem upset! I didn't hire Fran.

For someone to ask this question would be nearly as dumb as your suggestion that it should be asked. Quit purposely writing stupid posts. You embarrass yourself.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I guess there is no need to post about it, by anyone, for 5-6 years.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I guess there is no need to post about it, by anyone, for 5-6 years.

I am likely as frustrated as you are by the shape of the program. Yes. Fran is responsible for all aspects of the Iowa basketball program. He must be held accountable. I bought my season ticket again this year, which I began to do when Alfraud was still the coach. Sat through Lick. Some early hope with Fran. But, I am a realist. Fran will be evaluated at the end of the year. My educated guess is that he will be retained, with a strong message about his future. Given the buyout; given that he has some 4* recruits on the team now and a couple more to come, my guess, again, is that he will be given more rope. Like it or not, right or wrong, regardless of Barta's abilities, I have lived enough years to understand how the world works. Catch up, grasshopper.

I am likely as frustrated as you are by the shape of the program. Yes. Fran is responsible for all aspects of the Iowa basketball program. He must be held accountable. I bought my season ticket again this year, which I began to do when Alfraud was still the coach. Sat through Lick. Some early hope with Fran. But, I am a realist. Fran will be evaluated at the end of the year. My educated guess is that he will be retained, with a strong message about his future. Given the buyout; given that he has some 4* recruits on the team now and a couple more to come, my guess, again, is that he will be given more rope. Like it or not, right or wrong, regardless of Barta's abilities, I have lived enough years to understand how the world works. Catch up, grasshopper.
I have quite a few experiences beyond Iowa basketball, I don't see a great need to catch up.

I understand where you are coming from, especially forking out money to watch it all.

Hopefully things become more hopeful. Fran just doesn't seem that competent to me. Plus, some assistant coaching shakeups might be a good move.

He will probably be here quite a while with the buyout, and no one will say much about it, if anything. Which is, well, frustrating from my point of view.

Local media is a joke. Never ask tough questions. Afraid of losing press passes.

Am I doing this right?

Local media is a joke. Never ask tough questions. Afraid of losing press passes.

Am I doing this right?

Please. Prove me wrong. Bring some guts and ask the tough questions. Don't take the flippant answers the press lets our coaches get away with.

All I see is a bunch of softballs thrown at the coaches.

Please. Prove me wrong. Bring some guts and ask the tough questions. Don't take the flippant answers the press lets our coaches get away with.

All I see is a bunch of softballs thrown at the coaches.

I am too scared of losing my press pass.

This is my 22nd year covering Iowa sports and I've never asked a tough question.

No sense in starting now.

Plus, that would kill the narrative.

I am too scared of losing my press pass.

This is my 22nd year covering Iowa sports and I've never asked a tough question.

No sense in starting now.

Plus, that would kill the narrative.

I have not read all of your questions from the past 22 years, so enlighten me when you got after an Iowa coach. I would love to see the question, the answer and the follow ups you asked.

Please share and enlighten me. Thanks.

I have not read all of your questions from the past 22 years, so enlighten me when you got after an Iowa coach. I would love to see the question, the answer and the follow ups you asked.

I told you. I haven't asked any hard questions. Just softballs from me. Same with the rest of the Iowa media.

What we really need are some of the keyboard cowboys on the message boards and social media to show us how it's done.

He got after KF about the DJK/blackball situation, IIRC.

I thought the underlying tones of Rob’s last article had some scathing tones to it. If we keep trending the way we are going we may see more of this but the biggest influence will come from empty seats in Culver.