Who will ask?

Usually, at least in most markets, the media represents the fans not the team they are reporting on, not so in Iowa. It was an eye opener reading the Star Tribune the day after the Vikes lost to the Bears, vicious. Granted,that was pro sports, not Iowa college. But the coaches and admin are so thin skinned at Iowa that the media will let them say anything and not question it. Only the media and big donors can hold Barta accountable, but the media chooses to wimp out.

Last edited:
I think the majority are perplexed, disappointed, frustrated, worn out, from the program. I don't think hate has much to do with it. Progress and hope alleviate a lot of such posts and feelings, but that is in short supply right now.

What is the problem, identify it, offer solutions, implement the best solution (s), and evaluate and readjust as needed.

Other option, ignore the problem, pretend it will get fixed on its own, blame others who say there might be a problem, and protect each other, hunker down. Refuse to change.

Example: Defense under Fran has been, well, pathetic, non-existent, (or fill in your own description) so get a defensive expert to come in to teach it (absurd when you have an entire staff, IMHO), to improve, but where is the follow up, the accountability, the coaching changes, the defensive hires? Mind boggling.

Totally agree, but a defensive guru can't help the speed issue.

Likely the Hawks will win 6-9 games in the Big, but the the issues aren't going away. the problem is that most of the weaker teams (Illinois for example) can break down the Hawks defensively from the point.

Totally agree, but a defensive guru can't help the speed issue.

Likely the Hawks will win 6-9 games in the Big, but the the issues aren't going away. the problem is that most of the weaker teams (Illinois for example) can break down the Hawks defensively from the point.
I don't like to hear this.

I am too scared of losing my press pass.

This is my 22nd year covering Iowa sports and I've never asked a tough question.

No sense in starting now.

Plus, that would kill the narrative.

I don’t have a problem with the Iowa media. Are they soft? Yes, but does anyone actually believe asking Fran a couple tough questions would really accomplish anything? Would writing a tough column in the Des Moines register actually accomplish anything? Of course not.

Several of the Iowa beat writers like leistikow and morehouse do great work and I like their coverage.

I don’t have a problem with the Iowa media. Are they soft? Yes, but does anyone actually believe asking Fran a couple tough questions would really accomplish anything? Would writing a tough column in the Des Moines register actually accomplish anything? Of course not.

Several of the Iowa beat writers like leistikow and morehouse do great work and I like their coverage.
Agree with you, if some hard hitting questions are asked (valid ones) will anything change? Probably not, which helps to identify the challenge and the problem.

But perhaps Iowa can go on an historical run and make fools of us all!

DupsO31V4AAxPYj.jpg
Do you host this? And wear do I find it on the internet? Is this a weekly thing? Is it tonight?

You make a great point saying it won’t matter. I guess I’m just frustrated. I do want someone to put the fire to barta feet. And have it make a difference.

Guess I just need to watch All The Presidents Men.

You make a great point saying it won’t matter. I guess I’m just frustrated. I do want someone to put the fire to barta feet. And have it make a difference.

Guess I just need to watch All The Presidents Men.

Are you going to take me up on my offer?

Sorry, was away dealing with Grandmas death.

I have not been around computer much. I will get with Rob this week.

Anyone else have a question t ask, PM me.