Who will ask?

A “stronger” local press core isn’t going to change outcome of games and isn’t going to change Fran’s contact..

When Carver is half full then we will see action from the higher ups.

One season of 8k fans per game is about $3-4 mil in lost revenue... or so.

I told you. I haven't asked any hard questions. Just softballs from me. Same with the rest of the Iowa media.

What we really need are some of the keyboard cowboys on the message boards and social media to show us how it's done.

Didn't you ask some questions about CJB not starting the Taxslayer bowl? Also - I think every Iowa media member asked a lot of tough questions w.r.t. Pierre Pierce.

Rob, my perception is your reality. I see a weak press corp, as many fans do. Change that perception.
It’s not fair to put it all on Rob. It’s a shared thing and just the way it’s always been. Iowa is really the one to blame because when they’ve had coaches questioned, they’ve lost access and that’s ridiculous. The media should quit sending a beat writer or reporter if iowa takes that childish route. Plus, the b10 office should step in and set iowa straight in these cases. The media’s job is to report. Not be a fan. In smaller states like Iowa and little turnover, morphing into a fan can happen and it makes it frustrating for the fans

I told you. I haven't asked any hard questions. Just softballs from me. Same with the rest of the Iowa media.

What we really need are some of the keyboard cowboys on the message boards and social media to show us how it's done.

Oh man, what I would give to have a chance at that. I would love a chance at that.

Looking at the Fran presser was a great example. A couple questions skirted the edges of hard but then didn’t dig deeper.

I guess we have no members ready to take on the only show in town.

How else do explain an outside media member finding out about frans extension 6 months after itvhappened. Where were our press members then?

Just look at what happened to Dolph! He slipped up and made a comment about Dailey, (he hit the nail on the head), and look what happened. These guys can't afford to be booted. Their jobs probably depend on it. Softball questions here we come!

So the consensus seems to be a combination that there is no need to even think about the question being asked, the press has asked questions, and to even bring up the possibility of a tough question is idiotic. OK, got it.

But, I wonder how many Big Ten opening losses in a row it would take for the question to be asked? An entire season? Never?

Interesting system, this Iowa athletics system, intertwined people protecting each other, perhaps.

Oh man, what I would give to have a chance at that. I would love a chance at that.

Looking at the Fran presser was a great example. A couple questions skirted the edges of hard but then didn’t dig deeper.

How else do explain an outside media member finding out about frans extension 6 months after itvhappened. Where were our press members then?

I tell you what. You PM on here with your name and contact info. I will put you face to face with Fran and you can ask him whatever you want. Trust me, I can make that happen.

I will shoot video of it and then post it here on HN. You will be a hero.

Deal?

I tell you what. You PM on here with your name and contact info. I will put you face to face with Fran and you can ask him whatever you want. Trust me, I can make that happen.

I will shoot video of it and then post it here on HN. You will be a hero.

Deal?
I really hope that Motigerhawk takes you up on your offer. I can't wait to see the video. This would be totally awesome.

DupsO31V4AAxPYj.jpg

Which will be harder to stomach the rest of the year...

Iowa BB

Fran hate (albeit a lot of legit criticisms)

How many of the weaker Big teams will still be decent at breaking down the Iowa D at the pr?

IL will be able....what about the other weak teams?

A “stronger” local press core isn’t going to change outcome of games and isn’t going to change Fran’s contact..

When Carver is half full then we will see action from the higher ups.

One season of 8k fans per game is about $3-4 mil in lost revenue... or so.

That may happen the rest of this season if we drop another dud at home.

Which will be harder to stomach the rest of the year...

Iowa BB

Fran hate (albeit a lot of legit criticisms)
I think the majority are perplexed, disappointed, frustrated, worn out, from the program. I don't think hate has much to do with it. Progress and hope alleviate a lot of such posts and feelings, but that is in short supply right now.

What is the problem, identify it, offer solutions, implement the best solution (s), and evaluate and readjust as needed.

Other option, ignore the problem, pretend it will get fixed on its own, blame others who say there might be a problem, and protect each other, hunker down. Refuse to change.

Example: Defense under Fran has been, well, pathetic, non-existent, (or fill in your own description) so get a defensive expert to come in to teach it (absurd when you have an entire staff, IMHO), to improve, but where is the follow up, the accountability, the coaching changes, the defensive hires? Mind boggling.

I really hope that Motigerhawk takes you up on your offer. I can't wait to see the video. This would be totally awesome.

Yep. I don't have a dog in this fight I just would like to see it. I want to know and/or see if Rob has that kind of pull or not.

Who will be the first member of the press to ask, "Fran, with this start to the conference, do you feel your position is at risk? Especially given the total lack of defense the team has demonstrated, other than against the normal feast of cupcakes? Or do you feel secure because the AD is afraid of you? Care to comment?"