Who Transfers?

We've been a pretty good defensive team the last few years, we just lost a lot of good defenders and replaced them with poor ones. I think Fran knows how to coach it he just doesn't have the personnel to be good at it right now
Clearly the biggest problem is the youth of the team. They just don't know how to play defense at this level yet. It's not something that happens over night, but man it's really frustrating to watch. Lots of raw talent, but sometimes that's the trouble with getting these guys, they didn't have to work super hard on that end in high school and this is a whole different level now.

We are all Cy fans then including you.

touche - i do say my share of dumb sh*t...

What I don't do is troll in absolutes like "this team is void of talent" ... or "Fran doesn't know how to coach defense" or "J Bo is a bust" ....seriously? Those can't be serious takes and I refuse to believe they are. I refuse to believe any one actually believes any of those statements are true but they get thrown out around here as fact.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Williams transfer. Despite his late stretch last season, he just seems to be out of his depth at this level. I think McCaffery really wanted Dailey to redshirt, but went with his wishes, so he is going h to have to live with his decision. Ellingson isn't going anywhere. He already redshirted and seems like a player like Oglesby, who will hang around and play when he gets the chance. Wagner may rethink his decision to play basketball and give football a shot. Seems more his sport.

Clearly the biggest problem is the youth of the team. They just don't know how to play defense at this level yet. It's not something that happens over night, but man it's really frustrating to watch. Lots of raw talent, but sometimes that's the trouble with getting these guys, they didn't have to work super hard on that end in high school and this is a whole different level now.

I really enjoy watching this team. They've got guys who aren't afraid to chuck it up and it's an entertaining brand of basketball. I know this isn't a tournament team this year but it's gonna be fun watching them grow this year. They could be really good next year and the year after.

I really enjoy watching this team. They've got guys who aren't afraid to chuck it up and it's an entertaining brand of basketball. I know this isn't a tournament team this year but it's gonna be fun watching them grow this year. They could be really good next year and the year after.
Unless they manage to win the B1G Tourney... Not likely, but if Alford was here...

Paging Ahmad Wagner, paging Ahmad Wagner...please report to the football complex immediately and begin learning how to block B10 linebackers.

It's hard to see Uhl transferring considering he's a junior. He would have to sit a whole year to play one season. He has seemed somewhat indifferent on the court though. He's one of the few players who has regressed under Fran.

I should likely re-read your post on a regular basis, because I will be sitting in my season ticket seat, fully believing what you have just written, then I will get caught up and be pissed off because we are not playing well.
I am an idiot.

Ellingson is averaging 6.4 points in 14.1 minutes a game. He's shooting 15 of 22 from the floor (68.2 percent), including 9 of 15 in threes (60.0 percent). That's pretty good productivity.

Brady might stick around. He does the things that are not immediately apparent, Decent D and floorplay without an abundance of turnovers He can nail the three when Open, but cannot create his own shot. He is adequate on the floor. Just might establish a steadying influence while in the game.....

:cool:

We've been a pretty good defensive team the last few years, we just lost a lot of good defenders and replaced them with poor ones. I think Fran knows how to coach it he just doesn't have the personnel to be good at it right now

In time, things should get better. Despite the high scoring last night, the D seemed to be somewhat better.....

Our half court trap will Not work if we do Not deny the pass while trapped. Put Your Hands Up and DIstract the Viewing Angle, Lads.....

:cool:

I should likely re-read your post on a regular basis, because I will be sitting in my season ticket seat, fully believing what you have just written, then I will get caught up and be pissed off because we are not playing well.
I am an idiot.

I've already been pissed a few times already this year but then the thoughts I expressed in my post came to me.

It's hard to see Uhl transferring considering he's a junior. He would have to sit a whole year to play one season. He has seemed somewhat indifferent on the court though. He's one of the few players who has regressed under Fran.

Do the same rules apply as football? If he transfers "down" a division, he's immediately eligible? If so, that might make more sense.

Latest posts