Who Transfers?

Question for you fans: Who all will graduate besides Jok? Will a lot of minutes be up for grabs next season? If so, I bet you don't see too many transfers.

As of now - I would say no one - CW certainly looks like he's getting passed but he's going to see minutes and it's tough to leave when you're playing.

Question for you fans: Who all will graduate besides Jok? Will a lot of minutes be up for grabs next season? If so, I bet you don't see too many transfers.

Only Jok leaves (along with Dale Jones), but Jones won't get many minutes at all with his injuries.

While not a transfer I've heard rumors swirling that Cook is one and done. Strictly hearsay but I wouldn't call it unrealistic.

While not a transfer I've heard rumors swirling that Cook is one and done. Strictly hearsay but I wouldn't call it unrealistic.
Yeah before we'd seen the small sample size of him we had I'd at too. But I really don't think he's close to ready. He has a long ways to go with his jumper, defense and rebounding... Which is good for us cause I think in a year or two he'll be a monster.
I think Christian Williams and Ellingson are the transfer canidates. Williams can't do what Jordan can and that is put the ball in the basket. And his defense isn't so much better than Jordans that it counter acts that. I look for their mins to not be as split 50/50 as it pretty much has been so far much longer. Ellingson just is who he is. He's a poor mans Oglesby that thankfully isn't playing as much as he did. He should go down a level so he can find playing time.

Yeah before we'd seen the small sample size of him we had I'd at too. But I really don't think he's close to ready. He has a long ways to go with his jumper, defense and rebounding... Which is good for us cause I think in a year or two he'll be a monster.
I think Christian Williams and Ellingson are the transfer canidates. Williams can't do what Jordan can and that is put the ball in the basket. And his defense isn't so much better than Jordans that it counter acts that. I look for their mins to not be as split 50/50 as it pretty much has been so far much longer. Ellingson just is who he is. He's a poor mans Oglesby that thankfully isn't playing as much as he did. He should go down a level so he can find playing time.

Ellingson is getting playing time here though so why would he transfer

Ellingson is getting playing time here though so why would he transfer
I thought he played less than the 19 mins he did last night. I guess that goes to show you how invisible he is out there. But he could start and play more at a lower level and have more fun I bet. He'll never be much more than he is right now at Iowa

I thought he played less than the 19 mins he did last night. I guess that goes to show you how invisible he is out there. But he could start and play more at a lower level and have more fun I bet. He'll never be much more than he is right now at Iowa

The announcer thought he was Bohannon .

Fran left him in there for two long stretches one in the 1H and one in the 2H. Both times ND made their biggest run of the half on us. Moss who was our best defender last night, just sat and watched.

Ellingson is averaging 6.4 points in 14.1 minutes a game. He's shooting 15 of 22 from the floor (68.2 percent), including 9 of 15 in threes (60.0 percent). That's pretty good productivity.

Playing pretty good minutes and filling a role Iowa needs. Every team needs guys who can spell your 1's. Again he's been a + this season, he hasn't been that so far in his time here.

Ellingson is averaging 6.4 points in 14.1 minutes a game. He's shooting 15 of 22 from the floor (68.2 percent), including 9 of 15 in threes (60.0 percent). That's pretty good productivity.

I agree that he's shot the ball well from the outside this year, which was most people's knock on him last year. If you take away the Savanah State game when he scored 21 points against the worst zone defense I have seen at any level, he's closer to 4 PPG.

I'm okay with Brady playing roughly 10 minutes a game to spell Jok, Moss, or Baer for short spurts. I am of the opinion that he should never be taking minutes away from those guys.

And, Fran has repeated said that he like Ellingson's defense and court sense. I would agree that he deserves solid minutes, but only if he continues to shoot the ball well.

And, Fran has repeated said that he like Ellingson's defense and court sense. I would agree that he deserves solid minutes, but only if he continues to shoot the ball well.
I'm starting to think Fran knows nothing about defense. I don't like anybody's defense on this team. It's embarrassing. I almost always stick to the end of Iowa games, but this season I get so frustrated with the lack of effort on the defensive end, that I just have to shut it off and walk away for my own sanity's sake. I have coached youth basketball for a long time, and I promise you that if my teams played defense like that, we would do nothing but work on defense and running until the problem was fixed. Nothing else matters if you are giving up 90+ a game to any team with a heartbeat.

I'm starting to think Fran knows nothing about defense. I don't like anybody's defense on this team. It's embarrassing. I almost always stick to the end of Iowa games, but this season I get so frustrated with the lack of effort on the defensive end, that I just have to shut it off and walk away for my own sanity's sake. I have coached youth basketball for a long time, and I promise you that if my teams played defense like that, we would do nothing but work on defense and running until the problem was fixed. Nothing else matters if you are giving up 90+ a game to any team with a heartbeat.

We've been a pretty good defensive team the last few years, we just lost a lot of good defenders and replaced them with poor ones. I think Fran knows how to coach it he just doesn't have the personnel to be good at it right now

Latest posts