Who Transfers or Leaves For Other Reasons?

Who won't be here next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
This will be an ongoing poll that you can change your vote(s) as the season progresses, but please comment with your prediction(s) now for accountability! Poll will close 3 months from now, shortly after the NCAA tourney ends.

I can only do 10 options so I left out Bohannon and Pemsl.

I predict that Williams is definitely Not with the Hawks next season. Probably a 50/50 that Jones and/or Kriener leave. Hoping that Uhl transfers (he still can use his redshirt, just like Williams and Kriener.

I'm guessing it's Dale Jones. If there was one player I'd like to see leave it's Uhl. He is a black hole when he gets the ball. He's supposed to be one of our bigs yet he plays on the perimeter, likes to bring the ball upcourt and also looks for his own shot every time he touches the ball. His effort on the boards is laughable and he has no idea what help defense is.

Williams for sure. Kriener possible with the 2 bigs we have coming in. And Uhl, I hope for the reasons listed above.

I think Jones is actually done with basketball because of physical reasons, plus he's a Senior, so I think he's just done and ready to put his degree to work, so i wouldn't call that a transfer. If Uhl has his degree I would say there is a chance. I think Ellingson is growing into his role so not him. I would guess the 2 most likely are Williams or Dailey, or both.

Jones is obviously most likely to leave. Williams is probably the next most disappointed, losing his starting job and being indeterminately injured. Kriener has to be intimidated by the numbers at 4-5 next year, but he's from Iowa. Dailey has a future and is the guy I would be most disappointed to lose among the possibilities. He'd have a good chance of being in the rotation next year. Someone that might be possible is Wagner. He could be a star at a smaller school where he could legitimately be a PF. At Iowa, the numbers and talent at 4-5 indicate he's going to be forced to play more at the 3 the longer he's in the program and there he'll always be behind someone. Then there's Uhl, who has to be disappointed coming into this year being touted as a possible 2nd leading scorer, only to be relegated to 8-9th in the rotation.

Last edited:
Kriener could redshirt next year, correct? Might be a good option...

Jones...gone

Williams and Uhl both have the body language to suggest, at this point, that they see the writing on the wall. They would be logical options.

Ellingson seems to be a guy content with a "role"...and that would be good for us and him. He has improved.

All can change quickly with injuries...Cook injury puts Pemsl on the map immediately.

I would like to keep Daily for sure...redshirt next year also?

My only vote was Jones. Williams is getting playing time and is an injury away from heavy minutes at the point.

I remember last year when so many wanted Ellingson gone. Myself and a few others preached patience. Let him go through puberty first. I like what he's contributing a lot and he's going to continue to get better IMO.

I said Jones since i think he's done w/ next year. I also don't think Williams will be back next year. Uhl will be a SR. next year, correct? I don't see him leaving with 1 year of eligibility remaining.

My only vote was Jones. Williams is getting playing time and is an injury away from heavy minutes at the point.

I remember last year when so many wanted Ellingson gone. Myself and a few others preached patience. Let him go through puberty first. I like what he's contributing a lot and he's going to continue to get better IMO.

I'd be really surprised if only one player left

Williams and Uhl would be who I'd like to see move on I guess if I were to get my pick. Williams doesn't seem to be a good fit. And Uhl has regressed if anything... Two spots that could easily be upgraded if opened up I think.

Jones will stay and graduate I bet. I don't think he'll be able to play anymore so how he plays out is up in the air I suppose. But he isn't transferring anywhere else to play. Coach seems to have a soft spot for him so I anticipate he stays on.

Kreiner is an Iowa kid I don't think he'll leave yet.

Dailey isn't going anywhere he's shown that he has skills. 20 lbs would go a long way for him. Marble was pretty skinny when he first showed up too.... He and Moss might be a heck of a duo in the next couple yrs.

The other guys I think are all staying. Ellingson has been doing well and playing a little more.

If Wagner were to leave I'd hope it'd be to go play football across the street... I don't see that happening unfortunately...

Jones may be done with the game but I don't see him transferring. That would be kinda goofy. Same with Uhl.;.. he's going nowhere. The only one I'd put any ,money on is Williams... depends on how he develops the rest of this year. If he's on the upswing he stays. If not, he goes somewhere else for playing time.

Kriener I think doesn't have a place on the team right now unless cook and pemsl both get into foul trouble. Next year he might get buried even further on the bench and decide to go mid major.

Williams seems likely to transfer with bohannon already starting and Fran's kid coming in.

Uhl wouldnt surprise me either as he has been getting less and less minutes and there are guys coming in that seem to be able to fill his role a lot better

Those are my 3 mostly likely candidates. .

Side note: I am glad moss stayed. I was really excited about him and got nervous about the redshirt season

Uhl needs to transfer to a low-major program. He's not a Big 10 player, and he's not going to play at all next year.

I voted Christian Williams just because I don't see much playing time in his future and as a sophomore he could still have a couple years to play somewhere. Guys like Jones and Uhl probably finish their careers at Iowa. Jones may retire and Dom will only have 1 year left.

The other guy I could see want to transfer is Dailey. He didn't want to redshirt and he's not seeing the floor much. If he didn't want to redshirt, it makes me think playing time is important to him so for that reason I could see him wanting to leave.

If more than one leave and we have extra
Scholarships, can Hutton come back? I think his perimeter Defense would be a big help going forward

I would like to see Dailey get some of Ellingson's minutes...

Ellingson is doing very well this year offensively. His role is to shoot three's and he's making 57% of them so I'm fine with him playing the minutes he's playing since he's productive

Latest posts