who on here actually went to UI?

When I went to Iowa, I had a habit in my classes that I would usually blow off one paper in each class, each semester. I still skated by with a B average.

Iowa gives you access to amazing resources and the faculty is at the top of their fields...however, you can get by with little effort because no one cares whether or not you learn anything. All Professor Elbowpatch cares about is getting his research published, and your T.A. Simrahn only cares about his work Visa, and your other T.A. Persephone is distracted by planning her candlelight vigil to the victims of men's penises. Your final exam is just the headings in the text book in a 75 question, multiple choice format you can finish in 20 minutes.

Very funny 2nd paragraph.

But a teacher/instructor can write very good and complicated multiple choice questions with 5 distractors.

I thought most all science and math professors and instructors I had at Iowa were very good.

Neither Iowa nor Drake has a good law school. But in degrees of bad, Drake is really, really bad, while Iowa's is just kind of bad. In the Midwest, I would only recommend Chicago, Michigan or Northwestern to any prospective law student today.

I won't say you're right or wrong, but what are you basing this on?

For the record ok4p and ghost, you two of most should know it really doesn't matter whether you passed a multiple choice or "subjective" essay, got a's, or b's, (or c's even), it is not what you know, but who you know. Further, you get out of school what you put into it. Which for many would be completely different if they went to school five- ten years later than at age 18. I've met maybe 2 or 3 Drake grads in all my travel and various living locations (sans iowa) around the country. I have met and retained friendships with hundreds of iowa (and some isu) grads. Those relationships are indispensable in a business sense, which transpires to other disciplines, although maybe not so much dr's. and jd's that remain in the midwest. The better school (and school life) would be totally dependent on the individual.

Unless you were/are brainiac grade based only nerds...which I know (pretty sure speculative guess) you are not. Then, I have no clue. Clearly not trying to pass judgement on anyone, just saying.

Vin got banned again? for what?
thread link.

PS. stupid thread.

Iowa 1984

Graduated with a BBA in Marketing in 95 with a minor in Techmo Bowl and NHL 94 (although it can be argued they were my major).

Yes, if you like the Ghetto then Drake is definitely the best school in Iowa, hands down. There isn't even a comparrison between the two when it comes to facilities and location, and yes I have been to both places.

I do like the ghetto. The entire time I lived in Des Moines, I went to a ghetto school, lived in a ghetto neighborhood, and worked at the ghetto YMCA.

I will say, however, I have committed way moar crimes at Iowa than I did at Drake.

Well, if you've seen a doctor or dentist or physical therapist or surgeon in this state, it is highly likely that you've met an Iowa grad.

Wow are the trolls out today.

For the record ok4p and ghost, you two of most should know it really doesn't matter whether you passed a multiple choice or "subjective" essay, got a's, or b's, (or c's even), it is not what you know, but who you know. Further, you get out of school what you put into it. Which for many would be completely different if they went to school five- ten years later than at age 18. I've met maybe 2 or 3 Drake grads in all my travel and various living locations (sans iowa) around the country. I have met and retained friendships with hundreds of iowa (and some isu) grads. Those relationships are indispensable in a business sense, which transpires to other disciplines, although maybe not so much dr's. and jd's that remain in the midwest. The better school (and school life) would be totally dependent on the individual.

Unless you were/are brainiac grade based only nerds...which I know (pretty sure speculative guess) you are not. Then, I have no clue. Clearly not trying to pass judgement on anyone, just saying.

Vin got banned again? for what?
thread link.

PS. stupid thread.

Iowa 1984

Again, my mom has a 9th grade education. I do not know anyone, or at least I didn't when I was 22. A good school, such as Harvard, Princeton, Stanford etc. builds that network. It is the imprimatur with the gold seal. Neither Iowa nor Drake offers that. Neither Iowa nor drake really opens doors.

Posted from my new iPad

Again, my mom has a 9th grade education. I do not know anyone, or at least I didn't when I was 22. A good school, such as Harvard, Princeton, Stanford etc. builds that network. It is the imprimatur with the gold seal. Neither Iowa nor Drake offers that. Neither Iowa nor drake really opens doors.

Posted from my new iPad

Apparently they're not dooshy enough!?!? :D

All of my employers were very impressed with my Bachelor's degree from the 9th best school in the BoneG. The name at the top of the diploma is more important than the name on the bottom. When you show off that Iowa diploma, people know that you may have had to go to your backup school, but didn't fall to your safety.

Born and raised in Coralville. Graduated from Iowa in 1990.

Part of the knothole gang. Grew up watching crappy Iowa football. Then Hayden Fry came. And all was good. :)

At least there was great wrestling to watch. Nothing like going to the Fieldhouse for an Iowa/Iowa State, Oklahoma State or Oklahoma wrestling match.

2006 Grad. BA in Psychology. Before you ask, yes that is a worthless degree than I am doing nothing with. Thanks for your concern. Better than birthing cattle at Mary Greeley Labor and Delivery in Ames though.

Latest posts