WHO IS THE WORST SPORTS RADIO GUY IN DSM?

Chris Williams is pathetic. He's like an abused spouse who won't leave the abuser but instead makes excuses for him.

Marty Tirrell is an arrogant blowhard who thinks he's way cooler than he is.

Deace has had anti-vaccination radicals on his other show. So he's got that going for him in this contest.

I suppose that would be my trifecta of suck.

I listen to everyone, but I like KXnO the best. Miller and Deace had a very good TV show on Mediacom, too. I miss that show. It was very good. I wish Eastern Iowa had talk radio like Central Iowa has.

Thank you DSM for taking Perrault away from Omaha. As an Iowa fan I am going to guess when it comes to football he is pro ISU and anti Iowa. While he was here he was pro Creighton and anti Nebby bball. Always going for the underdog. Havent heard any of him since he went to DSM but I think it is a safe bet.

I agree that as much as I "like" Murph and Andy --- after awhile it's like your listening to Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon. (Sports is just the conduit to do their comedy routine)

Thank you DSM for taking Perrault away from Omaha. As an Iowa fan I am going to guess when it comes to football he is pro ISU and anti Iowa. While he was here he was pro Creighton and anti Nebby bball. Always going for the underdog. Havent heard any of him since he went to DSM but I think it is a safe bet.

Matt isn't pro ISU. ISU fans hate him. Just start a Perrault thread on CF and sit back and watch. I don't hate him but am not really a fan.

If the meaning is "most condescending host that talks the least about sports", then it's Deace.

If that's what you get by listening to him then that's a YOU problem. Sorry but I just give you the facts. That's just the way I am and I'm not going to ever, EVER!, EV-ER!! change. :cool:

I'm OK with Perrault. You've got to give him a little slack because he was coming into a market where EVERY OTHER sports talk host was already established. And isn't the afternoon slot one of the toughest slots to have a show? I like Matt's takes and he's a nice compliment to Ken's style.

My pick.....Lary the cotman Cotlar.....droning, rambling, condescending, boring, and uninformed.
I was so happy when he got canned from KXNO.....then flipping channels at noon. today....cus rome gets boring...and I hear that voice...I cannot take it..

I'm 37 and outgrew Rome and his "in your face approach" years ago, so i'm stuck with Cotlar as well and i'll add another one on Cotlar...he cann't form an opinion to save his life.

I listened to a lot of Perrault when he was in Omaha and his style really hasn't changed. When he first came to Des Moines he sounded like a Husker homer which is funny because he trashed them pretty well in Omaha. I like Ken Miller, but when he asks a guest a question it pains me to hear him drag it out. I don't listen to much of Murph & Andy but when I do it is entertaining. Not a fan of syndicated radio shows like Jim Rome, but if I had to pick 1 it would be Dan Patrick. Miller & Deace is my favorite local show as long as they aren't talking about Lost which luckily is over.

Jon Miller and its not even close.......j/k. Miller/Deace are far and away the best. Matt Perrault is atrocious.

I've never understood the love some people have for Deace. The funny thing is, I think he does a tremendous job in his WHO gig and find myself agreeing with him a lot of the time.

But when it comes to the sports side, I just don't get it. Sure, he can name the 3rd string guard for South Florida off the top of his head. But that has more to do with a God-given ability to have a photgraphic memory than it does a true understanding and analytical ability for the sport.

Take today for example, he said (with a straight face, I assume) that ISU has a better QB, receivers, running back, etc than Penn State and that ISU has more explosive playmakers (guys that can turn a 5 yd gain into a 20 or 30 yd gain) than Iowa. He also said he thought ISU's defense would do a better job against Michigan's offense than Iowa's defense would....that ISUs scheme is set up better to stop it than Iowa's. Are you freaking kidding me??? Or take last year, when he argued with Miller for 20 solid minutes that Michigan couldn't possibly have a worse Big 10 record than they did the year before.....Michigan, of course, ended up with a 1-7 Big 10 record. Or two years ago when he claimed ISU had SEC-level speed. I could go on and on about all the crazy stuff he's spouted, but I think the point is made. At the end of the day, a good analyst can set aside his biases and look at things objectively and give a good account. Steve is a guy who's incapable of doing that.

My pick.....Lary the cotman Cotlar.....droning, rambling, condescending, boring, and uninformed.
I was so happy when he got canned from KXNO.....then flipping channels at noon. today....cus rome gets boring...and I hear that voice...I cannot take it..

Keith and Andy are the best..followed by..sorry... Miller and Deace...however if Deace doesnt stop calling his frickin KIA a batmobile I may throw up in my coffee..IT IS A KIA STEVE.......KOREAN ..STEVE....A KIA...with a 5 year bumper to bumper...but no ejection seat...

I do miss Jon's afternoon show that had much more sports talk and less prime time tv...I don't care what you guys watch at night....I know its a mix of entertainment and sports..but if I want deep thoughts on Lost..i will google it..but I am on a short commute..a limited time to get my sports fix..
but when those 2 guys talk college football.there is none better.

Worst: Cotlar (hands down the worst)
Best: Deace and Miller ... I love when they are talking college football ... But sometimes the discussions they have are not really even sports related and are so off-topic I just turn the channel ... My biggest complaint about the show? Is having to hear one more lead into why I need to get the air conditioning on my car checked ... It's is to the point where I think I would purposly avoid taking my care to the auto store they promote just because I am so annoyed with hearing about them every morning ... :) ... I know advertising is the name of the game and pays the bills ... But just gets really old ...

KXNO really backed into the best situation possible for them when Cotlar and Marty had the blowup on air. Got to get rid of both of them with cause.
Almost like ISU backing into a good situation with Hoiberg...Creighton took the McD problem off their hands.

I think Deace is one of the smartest college football minds around.... but this AM when he claimed ISU would beat Penn State, i was completely speechless.
And Jon- I can't beleive you sent with it!?!?! That would be a complete blow out, and I don't care who'd playing QB for Penn St.

Latest posts