Who is the best WR in the Ferentz Era?

The look on the Michigan female cheerleader on the far-left was priceless. Not as good as the LSU sideline on the Catch.

Is that the alumni cheerleading squad right there? If not, subtract 2 points from Michigan girls, +2 for Hawkeye girls...Im focusing on the cheerleader right below Hinkel's right arm...cankles

Last edited:
Eddie Hinkel was definitely a great possession receiver, and had a knack for getting open, but lacked great speed. Clinton Solomon I think possessed both great hands and great speed, but wasn't here all four years. Tough call.

Clinton Solomon was pretty clutch. Very underrated to say the least.

I was wondering how long it would take for him to come up. Played a backup role his freshman year, took his soph year getting his grades up, then played great for his final 2 years. Big play guy too...

Clearly I would side with Ed Hinkel but with all due respect to the aforementioned, why haven't we had better? Curiously Iowa draws the top tight ends in the nation. Even so, one might wonder why, in the KF era, haven't we had at least one first or second rounder. Law of averages might suggest we are overdue.

Dallas Clark? Well, I guess he was technically a TE. Clinton Solomon was always my favorite. Hinkel would never have been as good without Solomon to off-set him.

Based on pure talent I would say Dominique Douglas. As far as all around best receiver I would also go with Hinkel. I think Davis will have something to say after his 4 year is over.

First to come to mind was Soloman, but hinkel is real close.

Ramon ochoa was great for what he was, but not even in the top ten.

Thought brodell was the best playmaker we have had.

Gotta agree with alot of post here that DJK has a shot to be the best, but im gonna hope that Keenan Davis winds up taking that crown

Clinton Solomon was pretty clutch. Very underrated to say the least.

I hope you are kidding. I seem to remember him not finishing off routes or blocking, Tate's interception on the sideline in Ames should have been a TD for us but instead was a terrible throw, but if Solomon comes back for the ball he could have at least knocked it down.

Hinkel The guy had awsome hands. He made tough catches and never droped it. He ran great routes and always knew were the sticks were. He was an amazing blocker. He could be a big play guy. He was also a phenominal PR. I would say that Mo Brown and DJK are the most talented. I would also loved to have seen Kasper and Hill on a good team. Still it is definately Ed.

Hinkel and Kasper get my vote. Hinkel made some of the most amazing plays, I will never forget chanting his name at the end of his record breaking home finale.

I was wondering how long it would take for him to come up. Played a backup role his freshman year, took his soph year getting his grades up, then played great for his final 2 years. Big play guy too...

I thought he dropped a lot of balls, especially his senior year.

Personally, I'd go with Kasper. Unfortunately for him, he didn't get to play on good Iowa teams. My next pick would be Mo Brown. The only reason he isn't everyone's obvious answer is injuries.

Latest posts