Who is leaving who is coming back?

Cool story bro. I'm done responding to you too. Sorry if comprehension of more than a 3 year old level are beyond ya.

Cant belive how you guys treated someone who just came on to share what they heard. If you dont want to belive dont. Or dont keep reading. But dang I just dont get why you would act this way

I would qualify that a bit by saying it is not in his best financial interests to come back to college. But of course, life is about more than trying to accumulate the largest possible number in your bank account before you die. It is often said that if you leave early you can come back and finish your degree. However, you can never get your senior year of college football back.

I agree. It reminds me of an old quote from a baseball player (can't remember his name right now) back in the '80s who said "You guys don't get it. Not everyone makes $1 million. Some of us only make $800,000."

If you wait that extra year in college you may drop in your draft status and not get the immediate payoff. However, that extra year in college allows you to mature more so you can make better decisions as a pro.

I thought that kid who just committed at quarterback was better than Sokol, Rudock, Beathard, and Shimonek combined and they are all transferring a year early because they don't want to waste a year as the starter before this new kid comes in and gets the starting gig from day one.

I used to like coming here and reading threads and did an occasional post but the way you guys are treating IowaHOCKS here is the type of behavior I can't stand and what I try distancing myself from. Unfortunately, it seems impossible to avoid. Thanks a bunch

Yep, agreed. Some posters on here can't seem to stay away from the grade school taunts. Honestly, regardless of whether IowaHOCKS has insider info or not, the topic touches on two of the more important question marks facing next season's team and are worthy of intelligent disussion, albeit speculative.

I agree. It reminds me of an old quote from a baseball player (can't remember his name right now) back in the '80s who said "You guys don't get it. Not everyone makes $1 million. Some of us only make $800,000."

If you wait that extra year in college you may drop in your draft status and not get the immediate payoff. However, that extra year in college allows you to mature more so you can make better decisions as a pro.

Not to mention that Scherff could easily take out a Lloyds of London insurance policy for a few million. If he does have a career endin injury in college, then he gets the millions and then a lifetime of "which Iowa alumi wants to hire me," you know, to make ends meet. :cool:

So Scheff stays, who else was even thinking of leaving? Were not really talking about CJ Beathard to Auburn are we?

IowaHOCKS23, I came back here to give you your props. The people that were calling you out (I was not one of them) probably won't be found on this thread any time soon. Let's hope you only bat .500 as I think CJB is very talented.

HOCKS...any insight with the RB position; particularly, LeShun Daniels? I just cannot believe he didn't see the field more. Is he doing ok with being a hawk?

All that's ever been said about him is that he's a beast and getting better. I was told the team as a whole has great chemistry so that's as much of an answer as I've got. I have class tomorrow with the guy who told me this stuff, I'll see what he says.

Thank you, kind sir. The chemistry thing actually means the most. I just really think LD is a stud. He never broke a big run this season, but I could tell he was "this close" several times, but for lack of timing he'd cut back a bit late or get run into by an OL trying to finish the block.

I thought that kid who just committed at quarterback was better than Sokol, Rudock, Beathard, and Shimonek combined and they are all transferring a year early because they don't want to waste a year as the starter before this new kid comes in and gets the starting gig from day one.
It doesn't matter how good this guy from Illinois is.. KF is ultra-conservative.. on offense, especially. <P> maybe the Iowa staff recruited this QB from Illinois because they knew Beathard was leaving? I mean, how many QBs does Iowa need that can manage the game? Certainly the new recruit from Illinois will take a while to learn the playbook so he can manage the game.

Last edited:
I think urban is gonna force teams in the big 10 to get a little (keyword here) less conservative. But I also thought that about rich rod so who knows

Urban is going to realize that he has more talent and just needs to avoid mistakes and turnovers to win. Same thing Tressel did.

All that's ever been said about him is that he's a beast and getting better. I was told the team as a whole has great chemistry so that's as much of an answer as I've got. I have class tomorrow with the guy who told me this stuff, I'll see what he says.

Great to hear about Daniels! I suppose you're going to tell us next that a freshman running back is going to go off for 200+ yards against an SEC team that is 9-3 and ranked 14th in the AP poll...again. :)

Latest posts