Who is leaving who is coming back?

Good for you. You can explain your opinion to every pro football coach (who would disagree with you) and just about every college coach except Iowa, of course, (and Oklahoma, who's finally replaced their QB with the more athletic QB), who would disagree with you. What do you know that they don't?

You're drunk at noon, on a Monday? You might have a problem, brah.

Has Rudock made any bone head plays this season?? How many INTs has he had this season? How many fumbles? How many yards has he made running (subtract sacks, for this comparison)? What's his arm strength compared to Beathard? The answers to all those questions give you the undeniable fact that Beathard gives more offense at the QB position than Rudock... Then again, I realize some Hawk fans (and Curt F) don't want more offense at the QB position.. Which make those fans and Ferentz a small minority in college and pro football... They must know so much more than anyone else in football.

CJ Beathard completed 25% of his passes for 0 TDs and 1 INT. In the action he saw, he showed absolutely no reason why he should start over Rudock.

Good for you. You can explain your opinion to every pro football coach (who would disagree with you) and just about every college coach except Iowa, of course, (and Oklahoma, who's finally replaced their QB with the more athletic QB), who would disagree with you. What do you know that they don't?

Christian Hackenberg can't run very well, but I would take him on my roster right now over every mobile QB in college ball save for perhaps that Winston kid who emulates Ben Roethlisberger around the ladies. If that Hackenberg kid doesn't get hurt or do something stupid, I think he turns into a franchise type NFL QB.

I am a little concerned about the LB corps. Why? The 17-year old Spearman blew by all of the LBs except Alston and our 3 starters. Hopefully, coach Reid and LaVarr will be all over the youngsters during the extra practice time during bowl prep.

As far as CJ, I would hate to lose him, because a good back-up QB is crucial. However, given a choice between having Scherff come back vs CJ come back - if I HAD to choose, I would choose Scherff. Hopefully, we don't lose both.

Prior to Purdue, I was convinced we would also lose Canzeri. I think he has had enough success, here lately, that he feels good about his role and we won't lose him, now. Thankfully!

Probably lose at least one of Malloy or Hill in the RB stable.

Let's hope we don't lose anyone to an off-season "incident." Either during bowl prep or this spring/summer.

That is a lot of worrying until next Aug. 30th.

Scherrf , it was mentioned by several analysts, needs to work on his pass blocking. I am not sure about that as I really havent watched his footwork that much and wouldnt necessary know the nuances.

But if he is a top 15 draft pick now you cant get much better than that.

I guess he has to look at how many other tackles and linemen are going to be in the draft.

both Bulaga and Reiff are having success leaving early. I think he is leaving early but what do I know.

There is a chance football wise that he wants to work on the pass blocking technique.

UNI didn't make the playoffs in 2009
128875590863673614.jpg

Go on.

A scherff will grade as a 1st to 2nd round pick (I say that because outside a few players none are locks for certain rounds). It is dumb for kids that grade that high to come back to college (as much as I want him back). Most linemen out of Iowa need to work on their pass blocking. He is a better prospect than bulaga or reiff. That right there is enough to say he should go get paid.

Hawkinn, I don't recall saying that the beasts ready to step up are equal in talent to the 3 we are losing, would you mind pointing that out to me?

i said (since I'm confident you aren't going to be able to point that out) that we have some beasts that are ready to step up. That's it. Of course they're not going to be as good as those 3 but keep in mind, kirksey and hitchens weren't world beaters at first, Morris (in my opinion) was good from day 1.

Hawkinn, I don't recall saying that the beasts ready to step up are equal in talent to the 3 we are losing, would you mind pointing that out to me?

i said (since I'm confident you aren't going to be able to point that out) that we have some beasts that are ready to step up. That's it. Of course they're not going to be as good as those 3 but keep in mind, kirksey and hitchens weren't world beaters at first, Morris (in my opinion) was good from day 1.

So not really "beasts" then, huh?

A scherff will grade as a 1st to 2nd round pick (I say that because outside a few players none are locks for certain rounds). It is dumb for kids that grade that high to come back to college (as much as I want him back). Most linemen out of Iowa need to work on their pass blocking. He is a better prospect than bulaga or reiff. That right there is enough to say he should go get paid.

I would qualify that a bit by saying it is not in his best financial interests to come back to college. But of course, life is about more than trying to accumulate the largest possible number in your bank account before you die. It is often said that if you leave early you can come back and finish your degree. However, you can never get your senior year of college football back.

John Moffitt, who has expressed his affection for the time spent playing football at Wisconsin, did not enjoy pro football and decided to quit, giving up over a million in guaranteed money.

Marcus Smart turned down a likely top-3 NBA draft spot to return to college, almost certainly dropping his draft slot in the process (due to the extraordinary freshman talent in college basketball this year). But the college experience has given him something that his life has lacked, and that was worth delaying the payday.

Jared Clauss wrote earlier this year that the college experience is what players miss most many years down the road.

Although financial considerations often seem to be of prime importance when we are young, most of us get to a point where we realize there are more important things in life. This can be hard to see for a young man, especially if he comes from an impoverished background or a rough family life. However, those that have role models in their lives that are very happy in the absence of a multi-million dollar contract have an easier time seeing that the money will come and go, but the experience lost can never be recovered.

I would hope he does not base his decision solely on the financial ramifications, but rather what will make him happy. If his lifelong dream has been to play in the NFL and he is excited for the next challenge in his life, than pursue that. But if playing one more season at Iowa makes him happy, do that.

Christian Hackenberg can't run very well, but I would take him on my roster right now over every mobile QB in college ball save for perhaps that Winston kid who emulates Ben Roethlisberger around the ladies. If that Hackenberg kid doesn't get hurt or do something stupid, I think he turns into a franchise type NFL QB.
Maybe you like Hackenberg 'cause he has a cannon for an arm and a coach that uses that arm and consequently will be able to recruit WRs like the Robinsons of the world? Hum? And, really, dude, have you hijacked the okeefe id?

One of them is a smart kid actually. If Jon would like he can email me. I'll email him my class schedule, and some names. I'm not gonna put them out for all you weirdos who fantasize that it was you getting the insight.

if you don't want an inside look then just move along. You didn't even address the main topic you just expressed your obvious butthurt in the situation and tried to appear witty.

<<I'm not gonna put them out for all you weirdos who fantasize that it was you getting the insight>>

Yeah. So many of us do THAT.

<<You didn't even address the main topic...>>

True, given that the OP was complete bullsh**.

If Ferentz starts Rudock next year (for the whole season), then Beathard will, IMO, transfer out. IMO, too many programs are already coveting Beathard. I'll be like him being recruited all over again. But then okeef will say: who wants him if he may not stay?<P> This is a glaring example of the difference between being a Hawkeye fan and a Ferentz fan.

<<IMO, too many programs are already coveting Beathard>>

You do realize he is on scholarship at The University of Iowa, right? I.e., "al" those programs can't contact him or covet him currently.

But just for laughs, please name the "too many" programs--"in your opinion" that are coveting him.

Has Rudock made any bone head plays this season?? How many INTs has he had this season? How many fumbles? How many yards has he made running (subtract sacks, for this comparison)? What's his arm strength compared to Beathard? The answers to all those questions give you the undeniable fact that Beathard gives more offense at the QB position than Rudock... Then again, I realize some Hawk fans (and Curt F) don't want more offense at the QB position.. Which make those fans and Ferentz a small minority in college and pro football... They must know so much more than anyone else in football.

<<The answers to all those questions give you the undeniable fact that Beathard gives more offense at the QB position than Rudock...>>

Good God, we need a net to control you. You're certifiably insane. Seriously.

OMG, NOW you know the NFL scouts and Oklahoma staff that are saying Beathard is better.?

Holy crap, a net ain't gonna do it. We're talking serious electro-shock needed, here.

Latest posts