Who is Iowa State's biggest threat?

The way the defense defended the option runs by NIU make me feel better about facing Richardson and ISU's attack this year. It would seem that both the QB and O-line for NIU are superior in experience and possibly in talent to what ISU puts on the field. Now if the secondary can hold up and prevent any big plays in the passing game will be the challenge.

It's certainly a winnable game (and losable too). ISU wasn't impressive against UNI, but there were a few huge plays by the Panthers that turned the game. Richardson is a capable quarterback and their group of RB's may not have any one individual who is great, but several with different strengths who are all capable. We have examples in recent history of ISU not playing well in the week leading up to the Iowa game and then coming out and winning/playing well. Cyclones have a number of new players in the trenches who I would imagine will improve the more they play.

I think this is ISU's game to lose. If they play conservative ball they will win. Iowa needs to play beyond themselves and capitalize on some ISU mistakes in order to win.

I think this is ISU's game to lose. If they play conservative ball they will win. Iowa needs to play beyond themselves and capitalize on some ISU mistakes in order to win.

So you're basically saying you believe ISU is the more talented team? If you're saying Iowa has to play "beyond themselves" then that is what you're saying right?

Iowa is starting a third string true freshman at corner. Our safeties had a very rough day vs NIU. We have one sack this year. I think Iowa needs a lot of points this week.

I think that if Iowa comes out and matches ISU intensity we will prevail. Many of Commander Kurt's loses in this series have simply stemmed from teh fact that he doesn't get his team psyched. If we win this game and then next week against WMU we could be on our way to 6-6 or maybe a little better. The staff needs to treat all these games like they are a bowl game because we need EVERY win possible. My biggest complaint against Kurt in this series is the lack of emotion his teams play with in this series. And before perhaps it didn't matter as much because we had another 6-7 wins to go get in the Big 10 but that ain't possible this year. Every game should be treated like it's a bowl game emotionally.

yes, that is it. Iowa Sucks. Iowa State Sucks too but not as much.

Lol okay. Iowa's less talented than a team that got pushed around by UNI... I don't think so pal. If Iowa loses it's because they play with no emotion and make stupid mistakes. It won't be because they are less talented. Maybe because they are out -coached because that has certainly happened before. Ferentz struggles against Iowa State, but as stupid as it may sound I don't think Iowa's ever lost to Iowa State because they were less talented. I think that's shown by how both teams typically finish their seasons after they play eachother.

Sam Richardson QB was their leading rusher with 74 yards against UNI. Their defense was shredded by graduation. Losing Knott and AJ as well as most of the line did their mediocre defense no favors. These guys can't beat Iowa. Iowa can beat Iowa.

Lol okay. Iowa's less talented than a team that got pushed around by UNI... I don't think so pal. If Iowa loses it's because they play with no emotion and make stupid mistakes. It won't be because they are less talented. Maybe because they are out -coached because that has certainly happened before. Ferentz struggles against Iowa State, but as stupid as it may sound I don't think Iowa's ever lost to Iowa State because they were less talented. I think that's shown by how both teams typically finish their seasons after they play eachother.

Already making excuses. Man, you are one pathetic loser.

You are one pathetic loser. - YouTube

no offense of course.

The Hawks pose no threat to the Clones. ISU just has to field a team and wait for the Hawks to implode...

ISU turned the ball over 3 times inside the 10 yard line last year. ISU has handed Iowa 10 turnovers to Iowa's 3 in the last 3 years.

Most all of those were from the QB position. So for ISU, picking 1 player who has to be GREAT its Richardson.

Both Iowa and ISU are 2-7 in their last 9 games. I wouldn't exactly say either team has a 'threat'

Already making excuses. Man, you are one pathetic loser.

You are one pathetic loser. - YouTube

Where did I make an excuse?

Read slowly and try to follow me here...

How many former Iowa State players are in the NFL?

Now how many former Hawkeyes are in the NFL?

Talent has never been the issue. You are clueless.

By the way, you don't have to say "no offense". None taken. I feel like I'm being called a loser by a homeless guy.

Last edited:
Where did I make an excuse?

Read slowly and try to follow me here...

How many former Iowa State players are in the NFL?

Now how many former Hawkeyes are in the NFL?

Talent has never been the issue. You are clueless.

By the way, you don't have to say "no offense". None taken. I feel like I'm being called a loser by a homeless guy.

Why so mad?

Why so mad?

Apparently you either failed to read the last sentence of my previous post or you simply didn't comprehend it. I'm not mad all because it's pretty obvious you're either trolling or you really have no idea what you're talking about.