Where is all the Ferentz Hate?

You guys have been so bamboozled by Gary Barta that you fail to recognize that we could go out and hire a Barry Alvarez. You know....someone with a long history of WINNING and building a successful program. Someone that takes pride in providing winning programs for the people that buy tickets to the events he's in charge of. I should run for political office. Anyone could talk some of you rubes out of your votes.

Losing to...the Gophers?

Don't see that right now. Their QB can only bull like a FB and cannot pass. And I am not talking about Nelson.

lulz, teh Directors Cup?

Iowa has a football program that almost always makes a bowl and plays in NYD Bowls about every 2 or 3 years. Iowa has a basketball program that made it back to the NCAA tourney for the first time in 8 years and is set up for many more NCAA tourney berths in the near future. Iowa has a wrestling program that annually competes for national titles.

99% of the fan base is thrilled with the above scenario, at any school. The Directors Cup is for fans of schools who are terrible in either football or men's basketball. It's something for schools to hang their hat on that blow at a revenue sport. Iowa State would be a good example.

almost always?... nothing like mixing modifiers in a way that negates them both. 11 bowl games in 16 years is good. Not great or dominant. Nothing that a Michigan, Penn St, Nebraska, Ohio St, Florida, Texas, LSU, USC etc...would be excited about. Great stuff if you're ISU, Purdue, Colorado, Pitt, G Tech etc. I'd prefer to see us striving for the first group.

1 NCAA bball berth in 8 years is something to brag about? Really? Sure, it may be better in the future...but that hasn't happened yet, it's all projection.

Wrestling. Yeah, we have a dominant program which is something to be proud of. But 95% of the other NCAA schools don't give a rat's *** about wrestling.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the comments from last year went well beyond disagreement. The point of the post was to have people who have vehemently questioned KF as the Iowa Football coach during and after the 2012 season post how they are feeling about him today. I was curious if they feel any different.

In my opinion he's addressed the following over the past two years:

1) Coaching Staff - All upgrades (jury out on Davis).
2) Clock Management - Very few poor clock decisions last year.
3) Conservative Offense - While our goal is to play power football which implies a conservative approach, we did things last year I haven't seen him do. The drive to seal the game against Michigan for example. I think this continues as the personnel at WR continues to improve. While the offense is still an issue against top defenses, it's improving and will be much better this year than last.
4) Defense - We are no longer a sitting back defense which was a major concern through the years. He's allowed Parker to make changes and be aggressive. The 3rd down packages were very successful in getting us off the field.
5) Recruiting - Having Woods, Reid, White, and BF on the road outside of Iowa has got to be playing well. We look completely different on the recruiting trail.

I feel like KF is the same as he ever was and ever will be. Good evaluator of highschool talent, completely unnecessarily conservative, great at teaching fundamentals, horrible at scheming.

Overall average coach with a program that is run very well on a day to day basis but consistently losses more games than it should.

Iowa was definitely improved last year, It would have been very hard not to be.

Iowa got a little luck for once last season too when NW was on their way to doing what they always do, march the ball down the field and beat Iowa at the end of the game, their guy fumbled the ball. Then we got to face Nebraska with out a QB. Im not sure Iowa wins those if those two things don't happen.

I'm looking forward to what I think might be the best season we have had in a long time. GO HAWKS!

You've set the bar so low. Why? Any 6 win team can make a Bowl game. Most Bowl games are played on NY's day. At least most of the games that the BIG are associated with. 1 NCAA tournament in the 7 years Barta has been AD is nothing to crow about. Barta should be ashamed of that. The Iowa wrestling program competed for National titles long before Barta was hired and he had nothing to do with hiring Brands.
Your excuses are transparent and feeble. But keep spending your time posting here, Gary. I'm sure you're a good enough beggar that you can overcome your **** poor record on hiring coaches.

So you are the 1% of the fanbase, thats awesome. You should really tell Barta's boss how unhappy you are with the direction of the Iowa athletic department. You probably wont though, you are having too much fun living in fantasy land on HN and dreaming about how cool it would be to win the Directors Cup.

And to the point about the basketball program, Barta whiffed on Lickliter. That was a bad hire, really no way around it. He realized it though and bit the bullet after only 3 years and has hit a home run with Fran. I would argue that the football program, basketball program and wrestling program are all in better shape now then they were when Barta was hired in August of 2006.

And we havent even started talking about the facility upgrades that Barta has been responsible for. But by all means, keep freaking out about volleyball, swimming and gymnastics.

So you are the 1% of the fanbase, thats awesome. You should really tell Barta's boss how unhappy you are with the direction of the Iowa athletic department. You probably wont though, you are having too much fun living in fantasy land on HN and dreaming about how cool it would be to win the Directors Cup.

And to the point about the basketball program, Barta whiffed on Lickliter. That was a bad hire, really no way around it. He realized it though and bit the bullet after only 3 years and has hit a home run with Fran. I would argue that the football program, basketball program and wrestling program are all in better shape now then they were when Barta was hired in August of 2006.

And we havent even started talking about the facility upgrades that Barta has been responsible for. But by all means, keep freaking out about volleyball, swimming and gymnastics.

.....yeah, I'm the one living in fantasy land.

I have been as frustrated as anyone with KF after some of the games we have lost the past few years. But, we were 8-5 last year and seem to be moving back in the right direction. I sometimes get frustrated with his style of play, but he has brought so much success to the Iowa football program, I am willing to assume that he knows what he is doing and made the adjustments to move us back to the top tier of the Big 10 over the next few years.

We will be back after Iowa greatly underachieves this season.

That's KF, sneaks out a slightly above mediocre season when they are suppose to be terrible, and underachieves greatly when they are supposed to be good.

We? You're obviously a turd from another fan base. Shouldn't you be putting Clearasil on your zits or playing video games?

I feel like KF is the same as he ever was and ever will be. Good evaluator of highschool talent, completely unnecessarily conservative, great at teaching fundamentals, horrible at scheming.

Overall average coach with a program that is run very well on a day to day basis but consistently losses more games than it should.

Iowa was definitely improved last year, It would have been very hard not to be.

Iowa got a little luck for once last season too when NW was on their way to doing what they always do, march the ball down the field and beat Iowa at the end of the game, their guy fumbled the ball. Then we got to face Nebraska with out a QB. Im not sure Iowa wins those if those two things don't happen.

Watch some games from last season if you think he's still "completely unnecessarily conservative". And you seem upset that we were better last year.

Annnnnnd if you really want to play the what-if game and change wins from last year into losses, we could also play that game for 2012 and find 4-6+ different wins. But if that had happened, then 85% of the threads last year wouldn't have happened... And this thread also wouldn't have happened... Meaning this exchange never takes place... Annnnnnd booooom, mind blown.

Stirring the pot as much as the haters were last year. It was definitely unbearable at times last off season. A random thread once in a while pointing it out isn't even close to what it was last year.

Yeah he really showed us critics with that not top 25 season last year.

Latest posts