Where does this comeback rank all time OMG Moments????

Well, my first OMG moment I remember was the Marv Cook catch @ OSU. (I don't rank the 85 Mich game as OMG, just joy).

Long before every single game was on TV, I was listening to the "Z" on the radio, working on a barn roof, and ended up tossing my hammer when we scored. Couldn't believe it.

I rank that #1 as it was @ OSU, which has been a house of horrors for Iowa for decades.

Since I was in high school and college the early Ferentz years I wasn't paying as close attention to the program, so I'm basing my opinion on Tate to Holloway and beyond.

Jon I think you're right about Indiana 09, it was too fluky to be in my top five. And the last four or five minutes, Iowa was up by 11 I think, driving to another score, so it was in a sense "dull" the last few minutes.

PSU 08 definitely has to rank up there for me, but Iowa and PSU were more evenly matched than people thought coming into the game I think.

McNutt's grab at MSU is up there, and today's Pitt win was impressive. To me it felt less like some good luck, and more like, a good football program making a statement and playing good football.

But watching Tate to Holloway still sends chills up my back. Maybe it's the way Dolph and Eddie called it, just as shocked as everybody else, with that nostalgic sound of the radio, and pure elation of all the players and coaches rushing the field. It's definitely my number one OMG moment.

Tate to Holloway was like OMG! OMG! OMG!...

This game was like, "Well, I guess we can score. Well, we can't stop them though. Sweet, thanks Dude. Hey, it's a ten point game. Yep you are right announcers, gimmick O makes it hard to run out the clock. Hitchens is a big upgrade from hobbling Neilson. Wow, we are down by 3. Going for it on 4th down we we have 3 TOs, panic much? TD, we're up. Stop giving that cushion, you are freaking Mikah Hyde. He ain't beating you deep. See?"

Not really any pure OMG, just a big string of Hmmmmm's?

The OSU game for me. I can still remember listening to that game on the radio out in the garage with my dad - I was 11 years old. OSU just seemed like an NFL team to me, a team we didn't have a chance to beat. I still smile every time I think about Zabel yelling out "Ed Podolak is hugging and kissing me!!!"

This is number one for me because of the unexpected nature of the rally. Iowa was being annihilated by Pitt - no life on the sidelines and Pitt was dominating the line of scrimmage. I give all the credit to the Iowa coaches for turning the game around.

UM 1985 and The Catch are just on a different plane of existence. #1 beating #2 at home on a last-second FG will probably stand for a long time. Tate to Holloway remains the instantaneous shocker of turning a loss into a win.

The Pitt game was great. But Indiana 2009 was OMG to the highest level.

Iowa came into the game 8-0, ranked 3rd or 4th in the country. Sports Illustrated was sitting on newstands with DJK (and Wade Leppert) on the cover. It was our magical season, starting with the UNI game.

I had been dog sick on Thursday, losing it on both ends. On Friday, I was improving but still sick. On Saturday, I was a game time decision. My wife had caught it, and she was staying at home. I finally decided I HAD to go, its our dream season and I'm not going to miss it.

So I drag myself out and walk the two miles from my house to Kinnick. I don't scalp my wife's seat, as I figure it will give me more room to relax and spread less disease to others. Then I sit there for 2 1/2 quarters feeling like crap and watching the terrible game that is occurring.

Midway through the 3rd quarter, I honestly felt like crying. I feel terrible, the day is terrible, our national title dreams are dying on the Kinnick Stadium turf in front of me, and most of all I feel terrible for our players.

Then, the ping pong happens. McNutt 92 TO DA HOUSE. DJK 66 to the house on a play that I still think was a brilliant throw my Ricky. The route is on, and suddenly I'm no longer sick, I'm jumping around cheering the Hawks to a 9-0 season.

The national title dreams died in the north end zone a week later, but the Indiana game was still gigantic to me.

Yep, that's pretty much my point. Think the catch was huge because of a combination of improbability AND the last second factor.

This game was just surreal. Kind of like Indy. Even while it was happening, I couldn't quite fathom what was going on.

Latest posts