When you get payed...do the job.

imported_UHawk

Why does everyone over look this point when discussing what is going on in the football program.

If you remember all of the negotiations that took place for every KF contract he leveraged it to the hilt. He used rumors about the NFL, that could have been propagated by his agent and his early success to get one of the biggest contracts in collegiate coaching at the time and still is a top ten contract.

Why do so many people want to give him a pass on performance. I don't get it. I read Jon's article about whoa is Iowa and how recruiting is so tough. And then there is everyone's stance about he does more with less than anyone. He took the money and in my opinion everything else that goes along with it. Nobody made KF run up the price of his contract.

Don't tell me he puts butts in the seats and makes millions for the University so he deserves it. Football programs don't sell an experience...they sell wins. If a team isn't winning the fans won't come. And if he's getting paid for putting butts in the seats where is the player's cut.

Now there will be the inevitable response about how I'm so hurt over KF making so much money...and I say I don't care if he makes $10M a year. If you get payed, do the job. He gets payed $4M a year to win games not lose to the bottom feeders like MN, IA ST, IN, Purdue, NW every year....BTW over the last 7 seasons he has lost to at least 2 of these teams per year except '08 and '09 where he lost to just NW. But he made up for that in '06 and '07 where he lost to three of them...oh and don't forget about W Mich.

You are a top ten payed coach...win like one.

I don't really want to give him a free pass however until I get hired on as the Athletic Director at Iowa I guess I have no say in the matter.

Oh Gawd! Here we go with this sorry old argument again. He brings a lot of money into the U, so he gets paid a lot. It is a better scenerio than having a coach that does not have the ability to bring a lot of $$ to the athletic program, especially since the football program funds the majority of the sports, women's & men's.

Iowa paid him enough money to keep him at the University of Iowa.
Bringing up the $$ deal is so very tired.

Iowa Football is a cash cow. A self-sustained program. If they want to pay Ferentz $4M, then they have the right to do that.

When Ferentz signed the deal, it was the going rate. Iowa wanted to keep him, so they paid him.

If we want to argue how poorly Ferentz makes in-game decisions, fine. But leave the money out of it, it is such a non-issue.

Latest posts