• This Year

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I'm not anti-Ferentz, for now

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • I will never be anti-Ferentz

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters

metahawk

This isn't about respect for the coach - I think that is a given based on how he built the program up to 2002 - at least.

Last edited:
Last year's PSU was the final straw. The sheer stupidity of not putting in your back up QB for game experience and playing time still drives me crazy. Leave in starter to risk injury and rob younger players of experience.

0. Less than 5 years ago we improved a lot during B1G play and absolutel dominated South Carolina in the Outback Bowl.
1. Less than 4 years ago we won the Orange Bowl
2. Less than 3 years ago we won the Insight Bowl against a highly ranked Missouri
3. Less than 2 years ago we lost the Insight Bowl against a ranked Oklahoma
4. Last year we made some coaching changes, and we did not make a bowl.

Last year we were pathetic. With that said, I'll take that 5 year package any day of the week. So far, Ferentz has had some nice seasons and big bowl wins at least 2 times every 5 years, and he seems to get us to bowls almost 80% of the time, and we all know that Iowa comes ready to play in their bowl games.

This is another year where we're coming out of a valley on the chart. If we beat Purdue and win the bowl game, the rebound will look decent or if we beat Purdue and win one of the games against Nebraska or Michigan while losing the bowl game... the rebound will still look decent and show promise. Anything less than that then I'm not sold that Ferentz has the momentum for another great 2-3 year run. Anything more than that is gravy and would be plenty of evidence that we're on the right track. If we win 2 of the next 3, plus the bowl game... or if we win out, but lose the bowl game... we're certainly headed in the right direction.

The bottom line is we better go out and win some big recruiting battles for RB's and offensive lineman. This offense isn't going to change. Ferentz isn't going to change which means we'll basically never have a juggernaut offense at Iowa while he's here. We've had juggernaut defenses, and when we have dominant offensive lines and serviceable running backs, that's when we are at least decent to watch on offense. Right now we have the oline, we do not have the RB.

Last edited:
not anti-KF, i'm just not a supporter any more. i started to cool on him before this event, but the rhabdo incident was a real wake up call for me. i felt that Kirk handled that situation poorly at best. but last year was a real turning point. at that time i realized it wasn't KOK's fault for very mediocre offenses, that it was all on KF. i suspected that for awhile, but it was apparent at that point.

i think Brian would be a much better head coach. i'm not advocating for that, mind you, just stating that i think there are people currently on staff who are much better prepared for this age of college football. you don't have to make glaring changes, just be willing to scratch where it itches...and be prepared for an onside kick or fake punt once in awhile.

not anti-KF, i'm just not a supporter any more. i started to cool on him before this event, but the rhabdo incident was a real wake up call for me. i felt that Kirk handled that situation poorly at best. but last year was a real turning point. at that time i realized it wasn't KOK's fault for very mediocre offenses, that it was all on KF. i suspected that for awhile, but it was apparent at that point.

i think Brian would be a much better head coach. i'm not advocating for that, mind you, just stating that i think there are people currently on staff who are much better prepared for this age of college football. you don't have to make glaring changes, just be willing to scratch where it itches...and be prepared for an onside kick or fake punt once in awhile.

I have no problem with the Rhabdo incident. None.

I have no problem with the Rhabdo incident. None.

i do. as a healthcare provider, especially as one who works with sports medicine, this particular incident has been discussed in many conferences i've been at as an example of negligence on the part of the strength staff. if you want, i can get into particulars, but didn't want to get all geek in here.

from a PR standpoint, they also messed up horribly. Barta and KF. and then the gall to give Doyle the nod for assistant of the year just shows how out of it that KF is. sure, he didn't want to throw his friend (and a great CSCS) under the bus. but he didn't have to do that, and it reeked of arrogance and ignorance.

I'll can't see a scenario where, for football reasons, I'll be anti-Ferentz. I may grow to be apathetic toward him or consider others a better fit for the job considering the state of the football program, but I don't think I'll ever be "anti".

I will never be "anti-Ferentz", and I am waiting to see how the last 3 games go before I evaluate how I feel he did this season. I would be disappointed with 6-6, okay with 7-5, happy with 8-4. Overall, I am more upset with the nastiness and negativity of some of the "fans" on this site than I am with the coaching staff.

The smoke n mirrors 2009 campaign on the heels of 2006-2008

That Orange Bowl season was great..... but getting pushed by Ark State, surviving against UNI, a miracle comeback against Ind etc. Left me with the gut feeling coach is an underachiever

This isn't about respect for the coach - I think that is a given based on how he built the program up to 2002 - at least.

Nothing against the man personally as I don't know him.

However, from a coaching standpoint, after the 2009 season and the 10 year extension (Most stupid contact in sports next to Albert Pujols) the program has been a boring product on the field offensively for his entire tenure. His refusal to move into this century as other programs have done is a big failure for this fan.

I am an Iowa fan first and a fan of the coach second. Each year as I watch other teams play more up tempo it just confirms how boring they are to watch. It's like watching a 1-0 soccer match each Saturday. I want some offense and we will never get it from this coach.

Last edited:
KF had my blood boiling day one by taking almost two months to show up in Iowa City....loyalty my butt...he did not want to burn his NFL bridges. When he lost me for good is easy...the last minute of regulation in Columbus 2009....NO Iowa fan should ever forgive him for that cowardly decision!!!

Latest posts