When as the last time you felt bummed about an Iowa loss in football?

This was the worst for me. This was the biggest game in program history and we had so many opportunities to win. If any one of about 20 plays goes our way, we win. In 1985 when we lost to tOSU we were expected to win so it was kind of fluky when they beat us. Back then we were #1 for six weeks and I thought we would be in contention every year.

Here is how I look at it.....had Iowa lost any other game this year but won last night, we would still rob ably be going to the Rose Bowl.

Yes I was bummed about losing to MSU, but going to the Rose Bowl has erased most of it.

Last night SUCKED. Yes, we should have won. Yes, it was an epic opportunity. But it's over. Flush it. Move on. That's football. Snort.

You cannot change the past. You can only learn from it.

Stanford beckons.

Here is how I look at it.....had Iowa lost any other game this year but won last night, we would still rob ably be going to the Rose Bowl.

Yes I was bummed about losing to MSU, but going to the Rose Bowl has erased most of it.

I think if the last 2 years has shown anything, it's that a 1 loss Big 10 champion will almost always get into the playoffs. As long as the divisions stay the same, we might find ourselves in position to go to the playoffs with a win the the Big 10 Championship more often than you think. Maybe even next year if Ott and King are still on the team. Just gotta make more of an effort to get through the non conference schedule unbeaten, then go 7-1 in the conference. It's actually pretty doable.

We were there and while I HATED the outcome, it's impossible not to feel incredible gratitude for the season this team gave us.

My son didn't see it that way. Apparently he had a meltdown that lasted so long his grandma was worried the neighbors were going to call the police for a child welfare visit.

Latest posts