When as the last time you felt bummed about an Iowa loss in football?

I was at that Orange Bowl. We only got trucked in the 2nd half. We actually should have been leading, not tied, at the half.

I know. But does anybody really remember the first half of that game? I mean, getting trucked in the second half is basically the same thing as getting trucked overall. It wasn't a good showing for Iowa. Last night was.

The games that feel like a gut punch is when Iowa does not play well - or - when I discover that they were outclassed when I thought the hawks were really good.

3 rose bowls and the 2003 Orange bowl fit those, The OSU games in 1985 and 1997 and the tax slayer

Games like last night don't sting for some reason. I'd put others along side of that like the '09 OSU game,

Arizona 2010, really thought that was a national championship type team. The 03 Orange Bowl loss was also bad, probably a little tougher than last night

I actually feel that the loss to Nebraska last year was worse than last night! The complete collapse in the last three games last season was worse than last night. I am again proud to be a Hawk fan. I wasn't at the end of last season!

Every time I let my head buy in to my heart on feelings towards particular Hawk team...most that stand out...the O$U loss in '09 and like '97, and '85...in fact I hate fO$U.

Other heartbreak losses...'85 Harmon Sellout Rose Bowl, and '03 Orange Bowl, and last night.

I actually feel that the loss to Nebraska last year was worse than last night! The complete collapse in the last three games last season was worse than last night. I am again proud to be a Hawk fan. I wasn't at the end of last season!

But we're you "bummed" about those losses last year, knowing we weren't that good anyhow....or just upset with the status of the program?

For some reason, the last loss that really disappointed me on a "but this could have been our year" was Arizona 2010 if I remember right.

Before last night, probably OSU in 2010. Other games earlier that year. Heartbreak city game after game.

Pretty bummed after both losses in 2009, too.

But last night takes the cake for me. That game was 1987-UNLV-worthy in my book, and that's saying a lot.

All losses suck, but a certain few really sting.

Another one that comes to mind is Michigan 2012. Not a significant game, but a bad blowout loss made me realize how far we'd fallen.

86 Rose Bowl. I was angry with that team and Ronnie Harmon. Last night just totally dejected because we had so many 3rd down opportunities to stop them.

But we're you "bummed" about those losses last year, knowing we weren't that good anyhow....or just upset with the status of the program?

Good point. Last year was all about state of the program. Last night was all about missed opportunity - an opportunity that might not come again for a long, long time.

Before last night, probably OSU in 2010. Other games earlier that year. Heartbreak city game after game.

Pretty bummed after both losses in 2009, too.

But last night takes the cake for me. That game was 1987-UNLV-worthy in my book, and that's saying a lot.

All losses suck, but a certain few really sting.

Another one that comes to mind is Michigan 2012. Not a significant game, but a bad blowout loss made me realize how far we'd fallen.

Exactly.

I never thought the Hawks would get that close to the playoff in my lifetime. Getting that close and falling short feels really, really bad, knowing it may never happen again.

Last night hurt really bad. We were so close, so so close.

This is the most bummed I've ever been. But I've been way angrier many times.

Latest posts