What's your opinion of Stanzi's play?

Ronco

I thought this game epitomized what I love about Ricky and some things that leave a little to be desired. First and most importantly the kid knows how to win. I have to admit after close losses to Wisconsin and Arizona I thought Ricky looked lost with the game on the line. This time with the chips down he threw three passes prettier than he'd thrown all day.

Up until those last 3 passes Ricky didn't play well. He stepped into 2 sacks and was impatient or indecisive on numerous plays. This ends up leading to late throws or unnecessary check downs. It's probably not entirely fair to put all of this on Ricky because if there's one thing are staff preaches is BALL SECURITY, that and punt is not a four-letter word.

At the end of the day he completed 2/3 of his passes for almost 300 yards and a victory.

between the 20's ricky played pretty well. He missed on some deep balls and more importantly he missed in the redzone which is very crucial to win a game.

might have been his worst game....but in the end he gets us the score to win which sums up his career....a winner

It was not the best game he has played all season, yet he was money when he needed to be. I will always take a win, i dont care how ugly.

I felt his head wasn't in the game and made poor decisions and had his worst game of the year, on the other hand he had a few great throws and got us a score when we needed it. He still is a great QB and got his numbers today. That INT was all on him and he missed arob in the end zone today!!

He wasn't great, and it wasn't his best outing, but it wasn't terrible either. That INT, as lucky as it was for Indiana, was all Stanzi. He was golden in the final drive though.

If he improved himself between last season and this season, I think he'll buckle down for the remaining games.

At the end of the day, it's all about wins and losses for most people which I completely understand. His record at iowa is spectacular so far. Has a chance to be considered one of the best. I think what gets lost is all his "off the field" duties he performs. To me, that will be more of legacy and what I remember him by.

He wasn't great, and it wasn't his best outing, but it wasn't terrible either. That INT, as lucky as it was for Indiana, was all Stanzi. He was golden in the final drive though.

If he improved himself between last season and this season, I think he'll buckle down for the remaining games.

All Stanzi? You sure? Were both tight ends supposed to be beside each other? Route issue?

between the 20's ricky played pretty well. He missed on some deep balls and more importantly he missed in the redzone which is very crucial to win a game.

i really don't know how anyone complains about stanzi for "missing" those fades in the end zone. he put them in a place where only the iowa WR was going to catch the ball. could it have been a better pass... sure, but it could've been an indiana interception as well.

Rick wasn't sharp today. He still completed 66% of his passes, 290 yards, game winning drive under 4:00 minutes...and the INT was a WR running a wrong route per kirk

Thanks Jon.

Either DJK was supposed to break to the outside or the TE was supposed to run his route deaper. Stanzi was throwing to a spot on the field that someone was supposed to be at. But we'll never hear that unless KF alludes to it, which is doubtful.

He could have missed the TE that bad. But I'm pretty sure he didn't.

middling outside of that 3-play TD drive

pretty nice that we can have a game where the play calls can be out of whack, the QB looks a little off, and yet we still put up some pretty good numbers

if the coaches had some faith in Coker in the RZ, we'd have won easily

Last edited:
Re: Thanks Jon.

Either DJK was supposed to break to the outside or the TE was supposed to run his route deaper. Stanzi was throwing to a spot on the field that someone was supposed to be at. But we'll never hear that unless KF alludes to it, which is doubtful.

He could have missed the TE that bad. But I'm pretty sure he didn't.

Were there two TE's in on that play? That's the way I heard it.

Rick wasn't sharp today. He still completed 66% of his passes, 290 yards, game winning drive under 4:00 minutes...and the INT was a WR running a wrong route per kirk

my brother was at the game and text me that same thing as soon as the pick happened.... he said djk broke in instead of out. no necessarily ricks fault

I thought Ricky was spot off today, but he powered through it like an all star.. It sure felt like he had a rough day til the end, but looking at the stats tell a different story, glad to have the W.

The whole team was flat and still won. Perfect result to go into the Northwestern game. A lot of reasons to regain focus. Sets the perfect stage for a successful five-game run to end the regular season!

The whole team was flat and still won. Perfect result to go into the Northwestern game. A lot of reasons to regain focus. Sets the perfect stage for a successful five-game run to end the regular season!

This whole "The team was flat" statement is dumb.

We weren't flat, we just fell a little short finishing a few drives. Outside of redzone play this game looked very similar to a lot of our 35-7 type games.

Latest posts