What's your opinion of Stanzi's play?

For the season we average
405 yards of offense, 257 passing yards, and 159 rushing yards

Today we had
445 yards of offense, 290 passing yards, and 155 rushing yards

Unfortunately for you that contradicts everything you are saying.

Rick wasn't sharp today. He still completed 66% of his passes, 290 yards, game winning drive under 4:00 minutes...and the INT was a WR running a wrong route per kirk

So you're saying that it might have been his worse game of the year and he still played pretty well.

Ricky doesn't look pretty all the time but more times than not he gets the job done.

middling outside of that 3-play TD drive

pretty nice that we can have a game where the play calls can be out of whack, the QB looks a little off, and yet we still put up some pretty good numbers

if the coaches had some faith in Coker in the RZ, we'd have won easily
absolutely, THIS.

Today we had

Depends on what flat mean, I think most people agree we looked flat in terms of emotion and intensity, looked like everyone was just going through the motions and not really into the game, even though statistically between the 20's we moved the ball, but I would say flat entails not scoring touchdowns like we should have at least on 2 of the redzone trips. Defensively it didn't look pretty, alot of cushion on the outside as always but as Jon eluded to in a previous post, we held Indiana to 13 points and I believe nearly 100 yards fewer passing than their average, while it was ugly it was a win, thats all that counts.

Today we had

you didnt include red zone scoring stats from the season compared to today.....which is the only thing that matters. A team can run and down the field all day but if they arent scoring TD's that means trouble

And those stats are against what is unquestionably one of (if not the) worst defenses in the B10. Stats can be skewed in any manner a person wants.

Stanzi did seem off today. It's difficult to explain, b/c his numbers definitely weren't bad (that ~90 yards and TD at the end certainly helped), but he just didn't seem locked in. The only throw that really, really bothered me was when Stanzi missed McNutt at the goal line in the 4th quarter. McNutt was running a flag or deep out and was between 2 defenders and about as open as he could've been running that route against that defense. Rick just flat-out missed that throw, and at that time in the game it would've really, really been big.

I thought this game epitomized what I love about Ricky and some things that leave a little to be desired. First and most importantly the kid knows how to win. I have to admit after close losses to Wisconsin and Arizona I thought Ricky looked lost with the game on the line. This time with the chips down he threw three passes prettier than he'd thrown all day.

Up until those last 3 passes Ricky didn't play well. He stepped into 2 sacks and was impatient or indecisive on numerous plays. This ends up leading to late throws or unnecessary check downs. It's probably not entirely fair to put all of this on Ricky because if there's one thing are staff preaches is BALL SECURITY, that and punt is not a four-letter word.

At the end of the day he completed 2/3 of his passes for almost 300 yards and a victory.

i love rick. he just wins. just like i said we would barely do. go hawks.

Today we had

+1,000,000,000,000. Go get Deace! Knock him down & keep him down (all proverbially speaking of course).

We got killed on red zone offense. For some reason we couldn't pull the trigger when we needed it. Had we converted two red zone trips into TDs instead of FGs we win going away.

How can you say that int wasn't Ricky's fault? While I'm certain a WR ran the wrong route it still on the QB not to make the throw.

It's called decision making. It's called NOT making throws based on a pre-snap read. It's understandable for SO Ricky to make that throw. SR Ricky should have had the patience and experience to wait and see if a throw is there.

Mistakes happen and so far this year Ricky has made very few.

Last edited:

Latest posts