Whats the word on McCabe?

BuiltLikeWilt

We need to give him some props!! Kinda staying under the radar like May did last year. I know we got him when we lost/let go that kid from last year. And am pretty sure he had a nice senior year out west. What's he up to? AAU, on campus? I look for him to be a contributer this year...................?

I think McCabe is really underrated. He was hot on the AAU circut last year after Barnes left his AAU team and even got an offer from Minnesota (he is the only incoming recruit with another Big10 offer). I'm looking forward to seeing him in the PTL

Last edited:
I think McCabe is really underrated. He was hot on the AAU circut last year after Barnes left his AAU team and even got an offer from Minnesota (he is the only incoming recruit with another Big10 offer). I'm looking forward to seeing him in the PTL

He wont be big enough or athletic enough to play in the big ten. Or help out in our run and gun offense

I agree, I am not a fan of him at all. He did not look good at all in the state tournament. He certainly did not look like a big ten caliber player at all.

I like him. I think he is a role player, but he knows how to play the game and has decent athleticism. I saw him a few times as a junior and thought he would be a better Big 10 player than Cougil.

really whats not to like?

-6'7" with nice length
-good handles
-good athlete
-versatile player who can play in the post or on the wings
-good jumper

i'm confident that a player with these attributes can find a place on this team.

I would not try to predict how he will develop. Sure, he is not a freshman who will turn pro in one year, but many very good players develop over four years.

From what I saw in the state tourney, he is a heady player and leader that can develop if he works hard.

He wont be big enough or athletic enough to play in the big ten. Or help out in our run and gun offense

You don't know much about our offense or about McCabe. A guy who's 6'6'-6'7 and can run, handle, pass and shoot will fit in this system very well. Is he a high flyer? No. However, he is an excellent athlete.

You don't know much about our offense or about McCabe. A guy who's 6'6'-6'7 and can run, handle, pass and shoot will fit in this system very well. Is he a high flyer? No. However, he is an excellent athlete.

+1 Freddy

He may need a year or two to develop, but he's worth having around and will help this team. Plus, he's a great guy and a Hawkeye through and through.

Absolutely correct. May will be another one to prosper in this system as long as he brings his ball handling and shooting skills up to the level of his athletisism.

Latest posts