Whats the word on McCabe?

You don't know much about our offense or about McCabe. A guy who's 6'6'-6'7 and can run, handle, pass and shoot will fit in this system very well. Is he a high flyer? No. However, he is an excellent athlete.

From the limited amount I saw him play, I also thought he had decent speed. Guys with his height and good speed make for a hard match-up for opponents on the wing...

Yeah I think his biggest asset is that if the team needs a big body he can play forward, if the team is short in the backcourt he can play the wing.

I watched McCabe the last two years. Getting him to commit to Iowa is a very good thing. Last year he was a different player with Cougill. The things that impressed me last year when he played with Cougill, was that attacked the basket, was a rebounding machine, was a shut down defender and his overall strength around the hoop. This year he had to play a lot of point guard which is not his strength. Heelan needed him to carry the team which he did but it did not let him showcase his talents. Don't forget that he had an offer from Iowa for football. McCabe will be an important player for Iowa over the next four years.

I am going to assume that you haven't seen him this summer then. He is a big boy again.

Either Fran will solve that or Brennan's butt will grow even wider riding the pine. I'm pulling for the kid, but we'll see.

Hope McCabe doesn't fall victim to the same rumors about academics that fellow Heelan alums Cougill and Wegher have had about there grades their freshmen year here.

Latest posts