What would you be willing to sacrifice for a Hawkeye national title?

Basically, none of us are willing to give up anything substantial because we see Hawkeye football as entertainment (albeit fairly important and engrossing entertainment each fall).

I wonder how the responses would differ if you asked this of your standard SEC fanbase who haven't tasted elite success in awhile (e.g. Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, etc.)?

You are just not very good at this, are ya!? See below.

Don't you understand you can't have both?

In order to win the Natty, BF would have to have done well.
Makes it much easier giving him up. I see it as a can't have your cake and eat it type of thing. So little problem pushing BF out and bring natty in. If only it were that easy.

I was going to say I'd give up beer for a year, but I tried that for Lent once, and man, that liquor'd like to kill ya.

Iowans are a funny breed. Let me explain. Iowa is a nice place to live. It is very average. VERY average, but maybe a bit over it. And Iowans are mostly OK with that, but do have a bit of a complex about it and like to brag how special most things Iowa are. We like to point out how special the Hawkeyes are. And they are very decent. A bit above average when compared to other P5 schools. Some darn average things about the Hawks and Iowa.

So, no...Iowans are quite content about being..... Iowa. A nice place with a nice football team. Somethings are very special...to Iowans, but most other people don't pay much attention unless you are comparing Illinois medium city crime or the Illini football team overall compared to IOWA!

We really do have the football team we want and are comfortable with.

To make it specific, would you take 5 straight years of 4-8 in order to get one special season with a national championship? That would be 5 pretty miserable falls.
without a doubt. Now, would I take the next 30 years at sub 500... that likely not.

Iowans are a funny breed. Let me explain. Iowa is a nice place to live. It is very average. VERY average, but maybe a bit over it. And Iowans are mostly OK with that, but do have a bit of a complex about it and like to brag how special most things Iowa are. We like to point out how special the Hawkeyes are. And they are very decent. A bit above average when compared to other P5 schools. Some darn average things about the Hawks and Iowa.

So, no...Iowans are quite content about being..... Iowa. A nice place with a nice football team. Somethings are very special...to Iowans, but most other people don't pay much attention unless you are comparing Illinois medium city crime or the Illini football team overall compared to IOWA!

We really do have the football team we want and are comfortable with.

I prefer to think of it as EXCEPTIONALLY average. No one can average like us!