What would be the first and best play call for Rudock to start the game?

eyekwah

I'd like to think a play where he runs the ball and gets that initial tackle hit. I say that because it might settle him down. My concern is that until he settles down he is more likely to overthrow his receivers and handing the ball off on that first snap is more risky than a simple quarterback running play.

Stretch play left for 2 yard loss. Then run it again for 4 yard gain. Then sideline route to the TE for one yard.

describe it how ever you want just call him by his last name. When I hear that first name I go back to 2007 and see swing passes going low and inside skipping through the sidelines.

I'd like to think a play where he runs the ball and gets that initial tackle hit. I say that because it might settle him down. My concern is that until he settles down he is more likely to overthrow his receivers and handing the ball off on that first snap is more risky than a simple quarterback running play.

If I had to bet it'll be Weisman to the left, but that would be pretty cool to see Rudock take a nice a chunk of yards right off the bat. Just think if he broke it for a 60 yard td....oh the irony that would be.

Open with some running plays to calm him down. Establish the run early and often.

Agree with this. Run the play that gives us the best chance at positive yards on first down. Sounds obvious, but we don't want second and long, only to get us in obvious passing situations out of the gate. If it's a short, high percentage pass on first down, so be it. If it's Weisman off tackle for four yards, I would be just fine with that. Nothing is automatic, but play the odds on first down to give us manageable second and third down. Get that first down and then open it a little. Assume it will be scripted for a while, but that's my two cents.

No passing play. You have to be careful with a new QB going into his first game. They need a few running plays with some positive yards to help build some confidence in the offense. A first play pass failure could have serious drawbacks.

I say Weisman off tackle to the right. There's going to be a lot of running plays Saturday so they can wear down the defense in the first half. NIU is not that deep and on a hot day they're going to get tired.

No passing play. You have to be careful with a new QB going into his first game. They need a few running plays with some positive yards to help build some confidence in the offense. A first play pass failure could have serious drawbacks.

I say Weisman off tackle to the right. There's going to be a lot of running plays Saturday so they can wear down the defense in the first half. NIU is not that deep and on a hot day they're going to get tired.

Shoot, you're right. He hasn't played at all at this level, let's wait a couple games before he passes. We all know how fragile his psyche is.

Naked boot in his own end zone.

Chance it could go 92 yards for a touchdown or a chance it could end in a severely sprained ankle and a fumble recovered by NIU for a touchdown.

Let's get it goin.

I think it'd be cool to see PA deep ball, but smart money is on run off tackle.

Shoot, you're right. He hasn't played at all at this level, let's wait a couple games before he passes. We all know how fragile his psyche is.

Burn-Meme-104572258991.png

Bomb to Powell. 80 yard score.

Rudock weeps tears of guilt in remembrance of JVB's nightmare senior year.

Kirk hugs Powell so hard he swallows his gum.

Greg Davis mouths "How ya like me now?!?" to the camera (shown on new video screens) and abruptly retires.

He should just run that play that he ran last year that time that it worked really good and thats the play Id go with. Then again maybe the other team will remember that good play from last year.