What would be the first and best play call for Rudock to start the game?

In prior years I would always say the first play would be off tackle for a 2 yard gain. But, I have the feeling the staff wants to test drive the new offense and we may see a pass.

Better yet, what about Rudock's 1st pass play? Sails high, short arms it, gets sacked? Or right on the money? I think he has all day to throw, just a gut feeling...great line play by the bigs and he will look very comfortable back there....

Better yet, what about Rudock's 1st pass play? Sails high, short arms it, gets sacked? Or right on the money? I think he has all day to throw, just a gut feeling...great line play by the bigs and he will look very comfortable back there....

I'll go with fake hand off over left tackle, boot right, 5 yard out to the tight end.

These guys have been practicing for 25 days or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see the fake stretch left , roll right, outside WR or TE pass. It's something at this juncture they can do in their sleep. I like Rudock's speed on this...it will look much different than JVB and he can honestly get up field in a hurry if it's there. If they end comes up hard, quick throw to CJ. My guess is that CJ slows the end down prior to releasing. If you remember last year, their ends get up field.

Honestly, I'm thrilled Rudock won this job. This kid has the storybook HS career...and I mean all you can ask as HS player. Now he get's his shot at exactly the time he should...a RS soph. Three years to make a name for himself. To me, this just feels like this guy is destined to be a Banks, Long, Hartlieb type of guy. Reminds me of McCarrron at Alabama as a soph.

These guys have been practicing for 25 days or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see the fake stretch left , roll right, outside WR or TE pass. It's something at this juncture they can do in their sleep. I like Rudock's speed on this...it will look much different than JVB and he can honestly get up field in a hurry if it's there. If they end comes up hard, quick throw to CJ. My guess is that CJ slows the end down prior to releasing. If you remember last year, their ends get up field.

Honestly, I'm thrilled Rudock won this job. This kid has the storybook HS career...and I mean all you can ask as HS player. Now he get's his shot at exactly the time he should...a RS soph. Three years to make a name for himself. To me, this just feels like this guy is destined to be a Banks, Long, Hartlieb type of guy. Reminds me of McCarrron at Alabama as a soph.

I like the way you think! :)

I'm all for optimism, but you are insane.

I say zone read where he keeps it and looks for CJF on a quick hitter over the middle. I say take what the D gives you there but assuming they bite hard on the run if CJF is blocking for a quick 1 second then releases it'd be a simple read and throw for him out of the gate.

Bomb to Powell. 80 yard score.

Rudock weeps tears of guilt in remembrance of JVB's nightmare senior year.

Kirk hugs Powell so hard he swallows his gum.

Greg Davis mouths "How ya like me now?!?" to the camera (shown on new video screens) and abruptly retires.

^
perfect.

Stretch play with weisman to the short side of the field right on Scherf's hip.....gain 2 yds. come back with the waggle, with CJF running a drag route across the middle......Wait a minute that is the KOK playbook. I dunno, pound the ball with Weisman, set up the PA for later.

Don't disagree, but I was thinking of no-huddle and some more safe passes to calm him down and get him in the flow of the game.

My fear is that he comes out nervous throws to the sideline and gives up a pick six. Let him get a few plays in then give him the play action pass, bootleg, bomb. The first few plays are usually scripted anyway. The entire team has been waiting for this since last season. They are all going to be keyed up.

My fear is that he comes out nervous throws to the sideline and gives up a pick six. Let him get a few plays in then give him the play action pass, bootleg, bomb. The first few plays are usually scripted anyway. The entire team has been waiting for this since last season. They are all going to be keyed up.

Agreed. I was thinking no-huddle (but not necessarily airing it out) to keep him on the move and hopefully not give him time between plays to get too caught up in the moment. Would like to see him get a variety of throws early mixed in between runs.

Bomb to Powell. 80 yard score.

Rudock weeps tears of guilt in remembrance of JVB's nightmare senior year.

Kirk hugs Powell so hard he swallows his gum.

Greg Davis mouths "How ya like me now?!?" to the camera (shown on new video screens) and abruptly retires.

I liked this until I realized Powell isn't starting. Won't this play result in an ineligible receiver down field? Is that why GD retires?

OPTIMISM!! I say Wiesman off tackle left then CJ across the middle for a 1st down. OPTIMISM!!

Like drew tate, rudock will come out of the game with cramps.

While I hope you're wrong, I could see a lot of players coming out with cramps this weekend on both teams. I have a feeling that roster depth could be the deciding factor in this game.

Latest posts