What would be the first and best play call for Rudock to start the game?

Since it's going to be hotter than Hades I see us running a lot in order to wear down the defense. (No huddle would be smart in order to keep NIU from changing out personnel) I predict them opening up with a run (my guess is off tackle) for a gain of 3 yrds.

You can bet on a run off tackle. Book it. Huskies will stack the box all day forcing us to beat them with the pass.

Everyone is expecting Zone blocking stretch play with Weisman heading over toward Scherff.

I think the "Zone Read," where all the offensive players move that way, but Rudock pulls the ball back out of Weisman's gut, and runs a keeper to the right will throw the defense off just enough that it could be a good gainer.

Plus, when Rudock gets tackled, it might just knock the cobwebs and nervousness off of him and he'll be settled into the game.

Just my 2 cents.

Bread 'n butter for 1st couple of plays...get your legs, get used to the pace. Get the butterflies out. Worry about scoring after that- The KF way don't you know.

You can bet on a run off tackle. Book it. Huskies will stack the box all day forcing us to beat them with the pass.

They'll see that they've stacked the box and run anyway. I have to remember that, they sometimes run into the teeth of the D even when they know it's comming. They practie doing that. It worked with Weigher in the 4th quarter against GT. and against Mizzou in 4th quarter.

When it pops it pops big.

They'll see that they've stacked the box and run anyway. I have to remember that, they sometimes run into the teeth of the D even when they know it's comming. They practie doing that. It worked with Weigher in the 4th quarter against GT. and against Mizzou in 4th quarter.

When it pops it pops big.

They also were brought in an extra OL on that 4th quarter run by Wegher. We were unbalanced left and GT never picked up an OL replaced on of our TE's. Great coaching by Ferentz. There you don't hear that on this board very often.

Latest posts