What will Kinnick be like for PSU?

Not this late in the year. I can guarantee you that PSU will appeal any sanctions of this magnitude.

If pursuant sanctions are based on the Freeh Report, and if penn state commissioned the Freeh Report, how can they possibly appeal the findings??

Is it possible that psu football will be killed, and that we won't even see them in Kinnick on Oct 20th??

Hopefully the only thing that will be going on in Kinnick on Oct 20 is the PA announcer reading the following:

"Penn State University has decided to de-emphasize football for the foreseeable future. Therefore, they will forfeit this game. Please observe a moment of silence for the victims of Jerry Sandusky; and as you walk home or to the parking lots think about why this chain of events took place and how we should act as a society moving forward, thank you"

Any moment of silence ought to be directed to the victims as a show of compassion and respect, not a freeze-out of the stupid football team.Show these pennsylvania pissants how a first-class program and fanbase rolls. We care about the sandusky victims, and we understand that people are far more important that a game.

I agree with this. It would be more appropriate than shunning the current players.

However, these players are part of the program who's leaders are in the middle of this scandal. They are not responsible of course. But the players are, you could call them "customers" of PSU just like all non athlete students are as well. And they all have the opportunity to stop attending or leave due to the poor service provided by PSU "The company". Just like us as consumers can stop shopping at a store or eating at a restaurant that provides bad service. If they stay, they must be prepared for their association with the company.

This would be nearly impossible to coordinate, but as PSU players take field, what if crowd goes completely silent and turns their back to the field. That would make a strong point.

Mixed feelings on this. Yes, it would make a powerful statement to Penn State and to the viewing audience about how Iowa fans feel about what happened and the cover-up; certainly, turning one's back to the evil is exactly what Paterno and at least three other high officials at the school did.

What troubles me -- and I truly am not meaning to be snide or salacious or chuckle hut here -- is whether that conjures up the image of what Sandusky's young victims were forced to do in the showers, and whether that would backfire. Would the viewing world view it that way?

Hopefully the only thing that will be going on in Kinnick on Oct 20 is the PA announcer reading the following:

"Penn State University has decided to de-emphasize football for the foreseeable future. Therefore, they will forfeit this game. Please observe a moment of silence for the victims of Jerry Sandusky; and as you walk home or to the parking lots think about why this chain of events took place and how we should act as a society moving forward, thank you"

So do you think either Penn St will decide to forfeit the morning of the game or that Iowa fans are dumb enough to show up to a game that has long been cancelled?

I agree. That's my IC game this season, and I don't want to cancel my trip. :(

My hotel is already paid for, so I am going no matter what. If there were no game, I say we just have one helluva big party and a big fundraiser to help out victims of pedophiles like Sandusky.

My hotel is already paid for, so I am going no matter what. If there were no game, I say we just have one helluva big party and a big fundraiser to help out victims of pedophiles like Sandusky.

Good idea, but let's raise the money for prevention of pedophiles. The victims will end up millionaires after this is all said and done, as they should.

I would hope PSU has a moment of silence at all of their home games. Legal counsel might have told the U to remain silent, with no apologies, but a moment of silence to honor victims is probably feasible.

Good post. A tough answer. Strong emotions are natural. The desire to let the world know Iowa fans are appalled by this, and have respect for the victims is classy.

A night game. All day tailgating. It could turn ugly. The student section is the wild card. I'd expect a public request for decency from the U prior to the game.

I would hope PSU has a moment of silence at all of their home games. Legal counsel might have told the U to remain silent, with no apologies, but a moment of silence to honor victims is probably feasible.

Good post. A tough answer. Strong emotions are natural. The desire to let the world know Iowa fans are appalled by this, and have respect for the victims is classy.

A night game. All day tailgating. It could turn ugly. The student section is the wild card. I'd expect a public request for decency from the U prior to the game.

Honoring the victims requires the complete and total silence of PSU's football operations this season.

Moments of silence are bullsh!t.

I hereby amend my prior comments.

In the unlikely event that there is a game versus Pedo State on October 20, feel free to unload all the vitriol you can summon in light of this:

Some Penn State Players Stand by Former Coach - ABC News

Translation from what the players are trying to say: I really hope this whole kids getting raped thing doesn't take away from silly **** the football team does, like a tug of war, etc.

There has been no lesson learned here. They pulled in a good recruiting class and donations are at a near record high. I try not to wish bad on anyone, but I wouldn't be too upset if a meteor swallowed Happy Valley whole tonight.