What will Kinnick be like for PSU?

If Iowa plays Penn State on October 20th, it means that disgraced institution lacked the moral rectitude to suspend football for at least one season, the very least we can expect them to do.

Ergo, everyone from that sh!thole burrow of debauchery should be treated with vitriolic scorn.

Go read Ped State's message boards, or quotes from the trustees and current players who are still, STILL defending Paterno and the program. They don't get it, they won't get it, they willfully refuse to get it, so they need to be educated about it.

I was of the mind that they should be accorded some modicum of grace until I read and heard their continuing denial and rationalization. Screw those sick ba$tards. If they have the nerve to show up in Iowa City on October 20, let it rip and don't hold back.

LOL you got some anger issues bro. I hope idiots like you end in jail by the end of the day on Oct 20th.

I will be sitting right behind the PSU bench, and I will not boo. Why? Well, for starters, the current PSU players don't deserve it. Also, booing players, unless they've just faked an injury or hit someone in the head, is classless.

That doesn't mean I don't feel strongly about PSU. I think the BoneG should consider removing them from the conference, and that the NCAA should impose severe sanctions. Bare minimum, PSU should be invisible (no TV, bowls, etc) for quite awhile. They should also not get a dime from the BoneG.

+1 Not big on booing anytime. (admit to being so upset at a ref decision that may have caused my *** but those are only when I'm positive I'm right!) (and of course I'm always right!) But never boo the kids, NEVER boo the kids!

Never boo the athletes. That's easy enough to do. Although, when it looks like they've given up, it's pretty hard not to. I don't boo the kids. I don't boo the other team. I don't boo the other team's bank.

When Iowa played USC in the Orange Bowl, the Iowa fans booed USC's band. I just don't get that.

All of Golfer's former friends abandoned him because of his creepy obsession with the boring game of golf.

Golfer doesn't know,
That Fiona and me
Do it in my van every Sunday.
She tells him she's in church,
But she doesn't go
Still she's on her knees, annnnnnnnnd....
Golfer doesn't knoow,
Golfer doesn't knoooooooow,
Golfer doesn't knooooooooow-ohhhhhhh........

If Iowa plays Penn State on October 20th, it means that disgraced institution lacked the moral rectitude to suspend football for at least one season, the very least we can expect them to do.

Ergo, everyone from that sh!thole burrow of debauchery should be treated with vitriolic scorn.

Go read Ped State's message boards, or quotes from the trustees and current players who are still, STILL defending Paterno and the program. They don't get it, they won't get it, they willfully refuse to get it, so they need to be educated about it.

I was of the mind that they should be accorded some modicum of grace until I read and heard their continuing denial and rationalization. Screw those sick ba$tards. If they have the nerve to show up in Iowa City on October 20, let it rip and don't hold back.

Saying the PSU fans and students aren't culpable is BS! They are part of the culture and are perpetuating that culture with gusto. They could get that statue removed. They could pressure the institution to do the right thing. Instead, they are rioting and threatening the board if they take any action.

Sorry, but I am not going to watch that program play and I would hope that other fans would feel the same way. Buy your ticket, support the Iowa athletic department, but don't be complicit in this disgusting situation by showing up like nothing is wrong.

I would also suggest that it is time we start pressuring the Iowa athletic department and the B1G. If the B1G feels like the rest of the conference is apathetic, they will not be inclined to do anything. But if fans threaten to take action, that might lead to action.

Agree with these posts totally. If we had seen a change in the Penn State culture in the wake of the Freeh report, acknowledgement that football is not the be-all and end-all of life in Happy Valley, that what went on during Joe Paterno's watch -- ignoring victims of child rape in order to protect the name and reputation of a former national championship program struggling to get back to the upper tier -- was despicable and should not be honored, then yes, welcome the Nittany Lions and their fans warmly and professionally. At this point we haven't seen it.

Barring a significant change in State College or a statement out of Penn State, I would sincerely hope Iowa's president strongly encourages the conference to cancel all B1G games involving Penn State this year.

Also, the Paterno statue needs to go.

Last edited:

Latest posts