Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Michigan

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Penn State

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Iowa State

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Beating Mizzou was like pulling an airplane out of a tailspin. The coaching staff had the team ready to play at a point in the season when lesser coaches would've had their team come out flat. It was an enormous change of direction for the program.

Mizzou for sure. The only other "signature" win for us was Michigan State, and with the way the season played out after that, that win didn't really have any deeper meaning at all. The Mizzou win stopped the bleeding and gives us a little momentum going into next year.

I chose mizzou because of of happened at the end of the season both on the field and off the field. Iowa needed to come out and make a statement in this game. Everyone thought the team lost heart and desire. They came out and showed both heart and desire. They show us the same hawk eye team that whipped msu.

Given the way they ended the regular season, I'm not sure a bowl victory has meant as much to a KF team.

Had Iowa finished 9-3 in the regular season, it'd have to be the Mich St. blowout.

Missouri, staff and players played with a lot of heart and desire, hopefully the younger players learned from the Indiana,Northwestern, and Mn. games that you cant just rely on talent you have to show up and play hard.

This. We HAD to win that bowl game. Another loss would have been devastating.

very true - The MSU game was a great win - but we obviously did not keep the momentum going. At least we end the season on a high note - yes, not the one we wanted, but we beat a solid team (they beat number 1 Oklahoma). We were able to pull one out in the fourth quarter - although I admit I just about gave up on them.

Lets hope this is similiar to the 2001 Alamo bowl game that was used as a springboard to a great season the next year.

Man, you all make such a compelling argument for the Mizzou game, but I am still going to have to say the MSU beatdown. We had every excuse in the world to use had we lost the bowl game for sure and it carries us out of a tailspin forward for 8 months to be a positive for the program. But the smackdown in Kinnick was what we had hoped to see from the team all season and it was against a top 5 team (not top 15 team like MO). AND It was against a Big Ten opponent. More people coast to coast probably saw the game on TV as well. Had we not won that game, we possibly finish the season at 5-7 or 6-6 with no bowl game at all.

The Big 12 is 1-4 so far in bowl games; beating one of their also-rans isn't quite as satisfying on a possibly very sub-par conference. We clearly won all facets of the MSU game, but got lucky against Missouri, returning a 72 yard P6 late in game.

I want to switch, but I've convinced myself not to. Beating Sparty gets my vote.

Man, you all make such a compelling argument for the Mizzou game, but I am still going to have to say the MSU beatdown. We had every excuse in the world to use had we lost the bowl game for sure and it carries us out of a tailspin forward for 8 months to be a positive for the program. But the smackdown in Kinnick was what we had hoped to see from the team all season and it was against a top 5 team (not top 15 team like MO). AND It was against a Big Ten opponent. More people coast to coast probably saw the game on TV as well. Had we not won that game, we possibly finish the season at 5-7 or 6-6 with no bowl game at all.

The Big 12 is 1-4 so far in bowl games; beating one of their also-rans isn't quite as satisfying on a possibly very sub-par conference. We clearly won all facets of the MSU game, but got lucky against Missouri, returning a 72 yard P6 late in game.

I want to switch, but I've convinced myself not to. Beating Sparty gets my vote.

Being able to claim every excuse in the world to justify a loss in the bowl (particularly if it had followed the ******) would not have changed the damning impact it would have had. If the tailspin had gone much deeper, we could have been looking at another 3-year run of mediocrity/disappointment. The win actually gives us momentum rather than pushing us over the edge.

Missouri.

The Iowa football program was in free-fall. Winning the bowl game didn't solve the problems or erase the disappointing season but....the Hawks needed a win badly and they got one over a good opponent.

Being able to claim every excuse in the world to justify a loss in the bowl (particularly if it had followed the ******) would not have changed the damning impact it would have had. If the tailspin had gone much deeper, we could have been looking at another 3-year run of mediocrity/disappointment. The win actually gives us momentum rather than pushing us over the edge.

OK - Missouri :D see I told you I was on the fence on this one.

Latest posts