What road games are you going to this season?

iahawk20

Defintely hitting up Iowa St and Minnesota woth 100% certainty. Huskers tickets are obviously tough to come by but feel I have a 50/50 shot with a few family connections...for the first time in my life having Husker relatives on one side might actually be a positive thing.

Figure at a minimum I'll hit 5,000 miles of driving for Hawkeye football this season.

What games will you attend?

Well i drove 23 hours in a Minivan, with 6 other guys,to Tempe last year only to watch the hawks lay an egg. Great tailgating tho.

Hopefully, Minnesota game!
Hint...hint...hint...
'20, we have to coordinate a tailgate up there. I'm sure we can round up 'spank, 'Freak, PJ, and drummer (all MN locals), and I bet several other regulars on here would show up. I can help you with food & drink.

I think one to consider is Penn State. One of the great stadiums in the country.

If you haven't been to Purdue, go. I went once and it is a fantastic venue, particularly the parties downtown before and after the game...

Iowa State? Yawn.

Yeah i meant Tucson. We showed up to tailgate at 9 am which is late for us. We tailgated right across from the stadium in a empty parking lot. The first Arizona fans didnt show up until 3. No Joke.
The aftermath of the game was pretty brutal. Mostly A bunch of drunk Mexicans yelling profain things towards our tailgate group. We were ready to get the hell outa there. Kinda thought we might get stabbed or bagged and taken over the border to get dumped in a ditch.

I think one to consider is Penn State. One of the great stadiums in the country.

If you haven't been to Purdue, go. I went once and it is a fantastic venue, particularly the parties downtown before and after the game...

Iowa State? Yawn.

Purdue was the yawn for me, I thought their venue was total garbage and the atmosphere seemed forced.

I'll be heading to Happy Valley for the 1st time as my annual away game. My mother is a Steeler fan, so I also nabbed tickets to go to their game against the Titans the next day as well. Can't wait!

Penn State...will complete my tour of all big ten stadiums (except Nebraska...could not get a ticket) also will go to Purdue (boring) and Iowa State (even more boring).
Would go to Minn but that is a traditional pheasant hunt weekend in south dakota. Really enjoy away football..I love watching the kids after a win celebrating with their parents in the stands!

I'll continue on my quest to get to all the Big Ten stadiums. I'm going to Penn State for the first time and Minnesota for the first time at TCF Bank. After this year, only Michigan State will remain because I already saw the Hawks in Nebraska in 2000. Oh, and I'm going to the Iowa State game this year too. I swore I wouldn't return there but we got invited to a tailgate party I couldn't resist.

The only game I don't see myself going to is Nebraska.
The way I see it, if that game has any meaning for Iowa, I'd rather spend the $100 to watch the Big 10 title game instead of paying that much to go to Nebraska.
If ticket prices drop a lot, I might make the drive...but that seems unlikely.

First season for me outside of the Hawkeye State, in twin cities now, so the Minnesota game seams like the logical choice. Can't Wait!

To all of those who are going or thinking about going to Penn State, I highly recommend it. I won't be making that game this year, unfortunately. But I have been there four times and it is a great venue with great fans. We have had good fortune when I've been there, we've won each time. For the most part, the fans are very respectful, especially for fans who have lost to us.

As for my own road games, none are in the plans this year but since I live in Colorado, I will consider the two games that I attend in Iowa City this year to be my "road" games.

Latest posts