What is the most you have actually seen people pay?

Scotttyd

Curious - I see all of these high prices, but how much are they actually selling at that price? I have two friends who just paid $1000 for a ticket - I was hoping if they don't sell the prices may start to come down a bit - but I am guessing no?

I certainly haven't been pleased at all with the high prices, but I have two teenage boys and for our family, it's a once in a lifetime endeavor. So I shelled out $1,450/ticket for 4 tickets to sit just a few rows up from the field on the 30 yard line. To mitigate the cost of that, we are going Griswold Family style and taking 4 days to drive there. We are leaving Christmas Day after presents are opened and taking the southern route thru Dodge City, Santa Fe, stop at the Grand Canyon and make our way into Pasadena. While it's certainly a pretty penny, it is worth it to us!

I certainly haven't been pleased at all with the high prices, but I have two teenage boys and for our family, it's a once in a lifetime endeavor. So I shelled out $1,450/ticket for 4 tickets to sit just a few rows up from the field on the 30 yard line. To mitigate the cost of that, we are going Griswold Family style and taking 4 days to drive there. We are leaving Christmas Day after presents are opened and taking the southern route thru Dodge City, Santa Fe, stop at the Grand Canyon and make our way into Pasadena. While it's certainly a pretty penny, it is worth it to us!

Can I be cousin Eddy. Don't be surprised when my family hooks up with you in Santa Fe with my PBR and all!

We are also driving. No tickets but still hoping. Worst case, we spend a lot of time in the car with each other and still get to hang out at the Rose Bowl with other Hawk fans. We do have a place to stay (son) so that expense is gone. We set a limit of $350 per ticket. Otherwise, television..

We are also driving. No tickets but still hoping. Worst case, we spend a lot of time in the car with each other and still get to hang out at the Rose Bowl with other Hawk fans. We do have a place to stay (son) so that expense is gone. We set a limit of $350 per ticket. Otherwise, television..

I would do that if only I lived closer - it is a 36 hours drive time - and very specific about what days I would get off for work - the orange bowl trip on the other hand cost me less than $500 total (200 for plane tix, 85 for 4th row seat, 250 for rent a car, and hotel points).

The answer is too much...ticket prices for these types of gam have gotten out of control! I have several issues with companies like stub hub and other ticket brokers. It's a legal form of scalping tickets. I will never understand why it is allowed to happen. Think of the money these brokers are making. If people are willing to pay those prices then why not sale them at that give the money to the schools?

Sorry but this is a touchy subject for me that goes beyond college football. Before you respond I understand it is an irrational annoyance (kind of like being annoyed by the two bowl peeps at HuHot), and there is nothing that well ever be done about it. One reason is that someone will always shell out the money.

Talked to some people that have gone in the past and they said they were glad they went but never again.Crowds are bad for everything.

Last edited:

That's freaking awesome, man.

Just curious, but lets say you could get tickets for $400, but not $350.....you would miss the Rose Bowl for $50 when you are out there already?

I, in a not-so-clear state, bought tickets to this after the Nebraska game. I realized then that if they win out they'd bypass the Rose, but felt that I'd be able sell them if that happened. Got 6 tickets for $180 a piece. Best guess ever.

That's great Spider. The memories of the entire trip with your family will be moments you will cherish for the rest of your life. No price tag can be put on that.

I, in a not-so-clear state, bought tickets to this after the Nebraska game. I realized then that if they win out they'd bypass the Rose, but felt that I'd be able sell them if that happened. Got 6 tickets for $180 a piece. Best guess ever.

Let me open my wound a little wider so you can pour salt in it.

Where did you get them for $180, even before the game

Good work out of you Sir!!

The answer is too much...ticket prices for these types of gam have gotten out of control! I have several issues with companies like stub hub and other ticket brokers. It's a legal form of scalping tickets. I will never understand why it is allowed to happen. Think of the money these brokers are making. If people are willing to pay those prices then why not sale them at that give the money to the schools?

Sorry but this is a touchy subject for me that goes beyond college football. Before you respond I understand it is an irrational annoyance (kind of like being annoyed by the two bowl peeps at HuHot), and there is nothing that well ever be done about it. One reason is that someone will always shell out the money.

You are aiming at the wrong target. It's the Rose Bowl itself.

agreed - I am surprised the rose bowl just doesn't up the face value of the tickets to $300? Or is it because they know there are years they can squeeze this much money out of the fans, and if demand falls down, they can just lower the price via their own resellers and they can then save face? maximize yoru buck, I don't blame them, if that is what the market bears, go for it. I would just like to see more of that money go back to the schools or charities that the bowl supports.

Briefly considered going, until I saw the prices. Then I thought, "I can have one monumental watch party for that kinda jack."

SpiderRico, your cross country odyssey sounds awesome. That is the kind of thing that your family will talk about for years and years. "Remember the time.........."

I'm jelly.:cool:

Just curious, but lets say you could get tickets for $400, but not $350.....you would miss the Rose Bowl for $50 when you are out there already?

Good question. I am not sure. I have a party of five (wife and 3 sons). That would be an additional $250. I guess a guy has got to stop somewhere. If I would pay $400, then why not $450. You could go on and on.

What do you suppose Prime Sports spent per ticket from the Rose Bowl? It is not the Rose bowl raising ticket prices from $600 to $1325. Prime sports is fleecing Hawkeye fans. More power to them I guess if they can find people who are willing to pay.